Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Trophy-R are so expensive because of all the weight saving exotic materials & titanium used! Think its about 130KG lighter than a RS300. It holds the current FWD production car records for Nurburgring & Suzuka lap times its an absolute monster on road or track hence the £72K price tag! Doubt you will find many cars able to beat it on any UK road a-b the Trophy-R is going to be tough to beat anywhere regardless of power output ;)

Never take the dealer finance deal its usually between 9-12% which is massive over the lifetime of the contract :eek: this is why they are so keen to throw one at you for zero deposit (Renault pay £2.5K deposit for you!). If you have a decent credit rating your bank will offer around 4% which is way better saves you £10k alone over 4 years!

For example a brand new RS300 on a zero deposit dealer finance agreement means for only £500-550 a month you get to drive a brand new (or nearly new) one within a few days :p but check the small print your paying back £45K ish :eek: over 4 years & you still need to find another £10K to actually own it then as well :eek: vs your bank loaning you £20K @ 4% with a £2.5K Renault deposit + your expected to put down the same again gets you £450 a month for 4 years & only £30K credit to service! £15K less finance is a massive difference!!

Dealers make massive kickbacks on these new zero deposit finance deals its why they are so pushy. The finance company will quite literally give it to anyone with decent credit. So tempting I know I find it hard to resist knowing for £500 I can be driving one in a few days :p but when I looked more closely at it think I will just wait a bit longer be happy with what I currently have ;)

damn, that's huge in weight savings, you're right in saying no wonder it has the price tag attached, I suppose if you've got that kind of money to throw about then you'd probably have it as a little toy :p

Yeah looking at this one I think there's is 7.9% (available car) but yeah definitely agree, the % is usually stupid high and its always worth shopping around.

yeah a total of £45-55k is a big chunk of money even after that period of time, and then makes you wonder whether the car is actually worth that you know, but the bank/personal lenders offer so much better %, I think I saw one at AA which was at 2.8% which was great compared to other offerings.

haha, yeah I agree, I think I'll keep scouting out and see what pops up, was hoping my local Renault garage would stock more but its only a little dealership now sadly,

Just had another phone call from the dealer for the RS280, I asked if there was any movement on the sale price and pretty much got an instant no, so thought that sealed the deal for not proceeding (especially after a poor p/x valuation, or at least I thought so)

Soldato
Just booked my ones first service, will be £320 incl VAT (Assuming no extras like perishables etc). Can't remember the specifics but she listed what would be carried out.

I may consider a service plan going forward, but not sure if that's really worth it as I doubt I'd have the car for the 3 or 4 years that are offered.

Tend to like to change cars around 2-3 year mark. But I'll discuss the options when I go in

Associate
Just booked my ones first service, will be £320 incl VAT (Assuming no extras like perishables etc). Can't remember the specifics but she listed what would be carried out.

I may consider a service plan going forward, but not sure if that's really worth it as I doubt I'd have the car for the 3 or 4 years that are offered.

Tend to like to change cars around 2-3 year mark. But I'll discuss the options when I go in

How did you get on with the service? (assuming you've now had it done?)

Still on the hunt for a 300 trophy, found one I quite like but its a 6 hour round trip so took a pass on that

Soldato
Ah, in that case then good luck hopefully all goes well.

Yeah definitely, makes it even harder when my budget is £25k max and most are now minimum 26 upwards :(
Look at 265-275s they are £13-17K max some really fantastic examples around right now on UK roads not much difference between them driving fun wise! Not keen on any of the colours but here are some worth looking at with low miles! The first one is one of only 30 UK Red Bull 8 models so will increase in price dramatically in years to come ;) RS4 are better overall but I think these 3d coupes are the nicest body shape by far :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...ype=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...ype=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1

Associate
Look at 265-275s they are £13-17K max some really fantastic examples around right now on UK roads not much difference between them driving fun wise! Not keen on any of the colours but here are some worth looking at with low miles! The first one is one of only 30 UK Red Bull 8 models so will increase in price dramatically in years to come ;) RS4 are better overall but I think these 3d coupes are the nicest body shape by far :)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107255423702?model=MEGANE&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=Renaultsport&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-desc&radius=1500&fuel-type=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107225304864?model=MEGANE&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=Renaultsport&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-desc&radius=1500&fuel-type=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107265477674?model=MEGANE&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=Renaultsport&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-desc&radius=1500&fuel-type=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104151402401?model=MEGANE&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=Renaultsport&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-desc&radius=1500&fuel-type=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106304435654?model=MEGANE&year-to=2021&aggregatedTrim=Renaultsport&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&sort=price-desc&radius=1500&fuel-type=Petrol&make=RENAULT&postcode=w37lq&page=1

Oof, some lovely examples there.

Prior to looking at the 280/300 trophy I did consider one of these, but I definitely prefer having the convenience of a 5 door.

Will keep holding out anyway, I'm in no immediate rush to buy, would just be nice to finish off the summer with one :p

Edit: @kinger8938 now that you've had your auto for a little while, would you recommend? (still torn between the two and an auto is more common to come by)

Last edited:
Soldato
Renault finance are offering some cracking deals right now so tempting to sign up for one! New price for a RS300 (Auto only now no more manual offered) @ £33585 that's way less than some dealer jokers want for theirs used cars right now! £2.5K Renault deposit contribution PCP is only £414 per month & HP is £648 per month. Looks like 0% APR if you want to agree to a low mileage as well :eek:

Classic sign they are not selling well sadly so this means sooner or later no more I.C.E RS300 :( Shame the waiting time is 8 months though so you might get it next year for the spring :rolleyes: you would think major car makers would find a way to ensure they get enough components to get waiting times down to around 2 months really in this day & age :rolleyes:

New Renault MEGANE RENAULTSPORT R.S. 300 R.S. 300 Auto Deals | Renault Retail (retailgroup.co.uk)

Associate
Oooo only just come across this thread.

Megane R26 owner having previously has a 182 and 172 Clio ....... yep sucker for punishment!

On the plus note the Megane is only broken some of the time!

Soldato
Renault finance are offering some cracking deals right now so tempting to sign up for one! New price for a RS300 (Auto only now no more manual offered) @ £33585 that's way less than some dealer jokers want for theirs used cars right now! £2.5K Renault deposit contribution PCP is only £414 per month & HP is £648 per month. Looks like 0% APR if you want to agree to a low mileage as well :eek:

Classic sign they are not selling well sadly so this means sooner or later no more I.C.E RS300 :( Shame the waiting time is 8 months though so you might get it next year for the spring :rolleyes: you would think major car makers would find a way to ensure they get enough components to get waiting times down to around 2 months really in this day & age :rolleyes:

New Renault MEGANE RENAULTSPORT R.S. 300 R.S. 300 Auto Deals | Renault Retail (retailgroup.co.uk)

What's the term @£414 pm and I assume there's a balloon etc?

I like that they do the deposit contribution, probably comes with some servicing too

Soldato
Just waiting for Renault to get back to me in a few days. I am going for the 0% deposit HP option with 0% APR :D on a brand new RS300 so I own it when the HP ends for £1 hope I have that much spare then LOL. :p Not bothered about the other Trophy extras for another £6K think I can live without them somehow... might as well spend that £6k on my own mods instead ;)

On UK roads & with our heavy traffic levels the std RS300 is more than enough handling & performance wise I am not a track person so no need for the Trophy options!

Renault Finance have a few new RS to shift it seems I am happy to take one off their hands but not sure I want to wait 8 months :eek: so they are checking for me to see what the current wait time is :(

RS brand is confirmed as going away 2025 (renamed to Alpine then big mistake I think they should keep RS forever!!) so looks like these will continue another few years at least (production is booked for next 2 years already at the spanish factory until 2022-2023).

Soldato
Sorry should have clicked the link, missed that!

About £15k balloon
Their HP deals are better still 0% APR & Zero deposit...slightly higher monthly obviously but only £1 to own at the contract end. Good call from Renault Finance to offer 0% APR makes it very tempting ;)

I think Renault are in the background paying the £2.5K deposit on your behalf if your accepted for their inhouse finance is how they are so generous with the offer! (and having unsold stock to shift!).

Last edited:
Soldato
Their HP deals are better still 0% APR & Zero deposit...slightly higher monthly obviously but only £1 to own at the contract end. Good call from Renault Finance to offer 0% APR makes it very tempting ;)

I think Renault are in the background paying the £2.5K deposit on your behalf if your accepted for their inhouse finance is how they are so generous with the offer! (and having unsold stock to shift!).

Nice options to suit personal budgets and situations it seems!

Happy to be going Auto then? I love it tbh. I'm getting lazy and it's perfect for the commute.

The flick to manual is more than enough fun/control for when you do want to have a blast

Soldato
Nice options to suit personal budgets and situations it seems!

Happy to be going Auto then? I love it tbh. I'm getting lazy and it's perfect for the commute.

The flick to manual is more than enough fun/control for when you do want to have a blast
Not at all as I prefer manual all the way ;) but I can see why they did away with it. Time to give those F1 left foot braking skills a refresher :p New harsher emission laws coming into play in France mean Renault had no choice really as Auto has slightly better emissions than manual gearbox & France is still their biggest market. This is also why they did away with the Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust option which is now £3.4K! and still legally available just not from Renault as you need to ensure you do not remove the pieces which make it EC type approved so Renault stopped offering it as an extra option on RS300 + RS300 Trophy.

Milltek are doing a sports exhaust soon for the RS300 for around £950 which is just awaiting EC approval before they can sell it. Akrapovic are not really worth £3.4K unless you have money to burn...for sure Titanium is a nice weight saving but not sure it makes any noticeable difference on the UK roads :p
Milltek Sport - Renault Mégane Renaultsport RS300 Trophy (OPF/GPF Equipped Models) Particulate Filter-back Exhaust SSXRN423 - Milltek Roadrunner Motorsport (milltekexhaust-roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk)

One thing I hate about the RS300 are all the default alloy wheel options. They are pretty miserable looking (I guess this is where Renault save some money!) so I will look to change those to something nicer as & when. Another thing is I need to pay £350 to get RS Monitor installed (via the Renault main dealer) which I will pay as I understand its worth it for the real time data aspects.

Honestly for me the std car spec is more than enough for now. In the last year with the state of UK roads & sheer volume of traffic you need to go out very early in the day to have a decent drive :(

Soldato
Thought it was too good to be true 0% APR is only for PCP with HP they want a £9.3K deposit! Weird thing is PCP with a big deposit makes little difference to overall amount to payback as it scales with the APR! Oh well lets see how I get on with their PCP offerings (which come with £2K Renault deposit + £500 voucher towards a 2 year service pack which covers it all really).

Soldato
Thought it was too good to be true 0% APR is only for PCP with HP they want a £9.3K deposit! Weird thing is PCP with a big deposit makes little difference to overall amount to payback as it scales with the APR! Oh well lets see how I get on with their PCP offerings (which come with £2K Renault deposit + £500 voucher towards a 2 year service pack which covers it all really).

That did sound a bit too tasty!

PCP deal could also be a winner though :)

Talking of UK Weather/Roads.. definitely shines more in the sun. Absolutely chucked it down today
20210809-164732.gif

Soldato
That did sound a bit too tasty!

PCP deal could also be a winner though :)

Talking of UK Weather/Roads.. definitely shines more in the sun. Absolutely chucked it down today
20210809-164732.gif
it is liquid yellow after all :p

I was driving in these conditions both saturday & sunday morning for hours hoping it would get better but no luck there! One thing the RS is great at is wet weather road grip :D I am so torn between Liquid Yellow or Flame Red. Both are stunning in the sunlight the Flame Red has orange 2 tone highlights which look incredible but in other daylight just looks shiny & a little dull. Liquid Yellow overall looks stunning in all lighting conditions might have to change my order to that even though its another £650 more !!! (£1400 option along with Volcanic Orange. Flame Red is only £750 right now).

Main dealer told me I would get the car in January if ordered soon so I can live with that its not long to wait :D You need to post way more pictures of your car here when you can they look so stunning ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
it is liquid yellow after all :p

I was driving in these conditions both saturday & sunday morning for hours hoping it would get better but no luck there! One thing the RS is great at is wet weather road grip :D I am so torn between Liquid Yellow or Flame Red. Both are stunning in the sunlight the Flame Red has orange 2 tone highlights which look incredible but in other daylight just looks shiny & a little dull. Liquid Yellow overall looks stunning in all lighting conditions might have to change my order to that even though its another £650 more !!! (£1400 option along with Volcanic Orange. Flame Red is only £750 right now).

Main dealer told me I would get the car in January if ordered soon so I can live with that its not long to wait :D You need to post way more pictures of your car here when you can they look so stunning ;)

I like the red, it has grown on me for sure. Don't see as many of those either imo. The black horse of the 3 big colours so to speak.

Will get some more shots once this weather passes and I can wash it again ;)

Soldato
Yeah Red is great the flames look incredible in bright sunlight hard to capture on video or screenshots but when you see it looks really good ... tbh if I could afford it I would have Red, Yellow & Orange ;)

Back
Top Bottom