Who here owns a Subaru?

Man of Honour
I don't think it's supposed to look like that:

sti_broken_belt.jpg

It does, however, explain a) the weird belt noises I've had a for a while, and b) why the aircon has packed in.

Associate
Great project. You should make your own thread for it.

Thanks, its progressed a little since my last post.

The day I dropped it off at the body shop:

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

The day it came back from the bodyshop. I went for Porsche RS Green in the end, not to everyones taste but I love it:

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

How it currently sits with the full STI kit from Japan, SARD carbon wing, facelift front end, facelift rear lights, tein coilovers, satin bronze Rota Grids, Grimmspeed intake, STI braces, custom trimmed steering wheel with a flat bottom added, facelift dash/dials with LED screen, few bits of interior carbon and alcantara trim, Pioneer Apple car play head unit to name just a few of the mods:

STi kit fitted alongside the wing by James Baker, on Flickr

Alcantara steering wheel by James Baker, on Flickr

Sard style wing by James Baker, on Flickr

Currently working on sound, both exhaust and ICE. I have a few audio upgrades going in as the stock sound system is up to much, just not had time to fit them yet. I also have a Borla UEL manifold, tuning developments decatted front pipe and Invidia N1 catback to go on the car to add some scooby rumble.

Lots of updates here:
https://www.youtube.com/tweedbean
https://www.instagram.com/tweedbean/

The sun was out and the paint was sparkling

That paint looks spot on, love all the little tweaks you've made too.

Associate
BRZ looks great, not sure about the spoiler foot overhang though, why doesn't it fit properly on the bootlid and overhang the gap between it and the rear wing?

Associate
That's deeply cool to me, while green wouldn't have been my choice it does look very good.

Thanks appreciate the comments :)

BRZ looks great, not sure about the spoiler foot overhang though, why doesn't it fit properly on the bootlid and overhang the gap between it and the rear wing?

Thanks, sorry not sure what you mean, I think I'm might be having a stupid moment not understanding. The wing itself clamps onto the edge of the boot lit rather than being one of those you need to drill and bolt through the boot lid itself. Its adjustable in both the angle of the wing itself and also where it clamps to the boot lid. You can slide it further towards the back of the car or slide forwards if you want to mount it alongside a ducktail spoiler which a lot of owners do.

Associate
Thanks, sorry not sure what you mean, I think I'm might be having a stupid moment not understanding.

Ah, that's be why it overlaps then since it clamps onto the bootlid.
As per the image, it just looked weird that there was an overhang, seemed like the spoiler was misaligned

oJz8Lv5.png

Associate
Ah, that's be why it overlaps then since it clamps onto the bootlid.
As per the image, it just looked weird that there was an overhang, seemed like the spoiler was misaligned

oJz8Lv5.png

Got you, make sense now, exactly as you say due to it wrapping around the boot lid. When I had the car painted I had all the holes in the boot lid weld up as the stock spoiler covers about 8 holes. I wasnt sure at that point what spoiler to go for so that was the safe option as I could always redrill after if a particular spoiler choice needed it. Then this wing came up and meant no holes needed :)

Associate
Now that in Nardo Grey would be my choice with the red calipers and carbon trim it would look awesome. Perhaps I am just a little too shy and retiring to go with the fabulous green!

Associate
Does look great now it's all back together. Didn't take you all that long really!
Thanks, Covid slowed progress down, I order most parts from Japan days before lock down and they took a couple of months to arrive and as it was the slam panel, everything bolted to it so couldnt progress until that was welded in. Then when it was ready we had to wait for more business to open as the bodyshop was ready to paint it but they couldnt get paint as suppliers were closed. Looking to just drive it and enjoy as much as possible. Hopefully fitting the Invidia N1 exhaust this weekend to up the noise factor. I want to try and get to a Daikoku Nights event at Caffeine&Machine if you are up for it?

Now that in Nardo Grey would be my choice with the red calipers and carbon trim it would look awesome. Perhaps I am just a little too shy and retiring to go with the fabulous green!

Nardo grey was considered as I did many photoshops but so many cars are grey/white nowadays so I fancied something a little different and I've always had a thing for bright coloured cars.

Soldato
Imported a BR9 Legacy GT and after sorting the auto box sensor which seems to be a well known issue, its driving great. Also foolishly used Amsoil (which Ive always found fine) ATF and it was jerky, bought some Subaru ATF (HP) and its golden. Wife uses it but a remarkable difference in the box with the sensor replaced within the valve body plus the Subaru ATF.

No noise, no drama, just does its job well. I actually really like the interior and its bigger inside than my A6 yet not that different a footprint to my Leon estate i had before it, loads of room for its size. Something about it like the old family dog

Anyways, on the same theme of Subaru, deposit paid for another import.

Looking at a manual Cross Sport Forester (SG) or an older auto STi (SF).

Prefer manual but for the same ballpark price the older STi is in budget but manuals are super rare.

Soldato
Won another Subaru this morning, its another one thats been on my list for a while, a Cross Sport. Ive always liked the facelift style with these bumpers but its pretty tough to find a manual one with the other things I wanted, anyway, got there in the end. Higher KM's but much cheaper.

Soldato
Aye, I bid on a few S editions but missed out as the reserve was higher than it got to. This is high miles but I wanted the dash with only one double din and not two, the facelift, manual, heated seats and in good condition. I also didn't want some of the extended body kits some have, I'm just not a fan. This had all that but at 145km or 90k miles its higher than I wanted but the price was decent at 219,000yen in Japan.

Manuals seem to be about 1 in 15 or so. A good auto is much easier to find but I'm no fan of Subarus autobox.

I always use my same agent in Japan and import myself, I enjoy the gamble to be honest as well as working on tidying them up when they arrive, learning about fixes etc

Back
Top Bottom