Who here plays Xbox360 on a samsung LCD TV?

Soldato
I had my 360 on a 32” Samsung, can’t recall the model, it was an older one (1-2 years old), the first with 5000:1 contrast ratio.

Component was rubbish, it really was poor - the jaggies were shockingly noticeable and the colours seemed very washed out, Official VGA was far better though.

I no longer own the Sammy, I found that the picture on CoD4 (both PS3 and 360 version) looked very poor on the TV, so I ended up buying a 37” 1080P LG TV to replace the Sammy - found it still looked a bit pap on that, so picked up a 26” Bravia the next day; looks far better now :)

Scort.

Soldato
Got a 22" Samsung Pebble monitor (VGA cable) and it looks great on it.

Got a 40" Samsung LCD TV (cant think of the model nubmer sorry) yesterday and tried it through component and... it was OK, but I noticed a few jaggies. Still good though.

Soldato
I have a Sammy 32R83 and absolutely love it! Works a treat for my 360 and Mac mini. Extremely happy with how rich the colours are and how responsive the set it. Only thing I have against it is that I have to cycle through every input to get to the one I want, I cant just flick between HDMI and Component (makes me cycle through ext 1 and ext 2 too :()

Last edited:
Soldato
Samsung 40" M86, it is very good
Only gripe is that it doesnt support 720p over VGA but does over component
Remember to turn movie plus off as its poo

Bear in mind 1080p on a screen smaller than 40 is completely pointless as you wont notice the difference at all unless you sit 2 feet from it

Apologies for the decor, but it was tv or i get to choose what happens to the room :D

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
Had a 26" Sammy and it was absolutely brilliant for the 360. Used it for a bout 2 years. Recently bought a LE40M87 and no best pleased with it. The picture is absolutely great, but it doesn't seem to handle fast panning every well. Hurts your eyes when something moves across the screen I find. Dunno if it's a faulty set, or I have faulty eyes though.

Nor

Nor

Associate
yeah the motion issues is what i'm worried about, especially on a bigger screen

It's a big problem. People constantly go on about contrast, colours etc, but when something effectively jerks across the screen, all of that is pretty insignificant.

The picture on this TV is amazing, and the gaming performance on the 360 is as good as I have ever seen, but general TV viewing is not a lot of fun. It could be that the 40" TV is just too big for the computer room. I'm only sitting about 11 feet away watching it.

Soldato
OP
this is really messed up, i was looking at 2 panasonic HDTVs today, one plasma, one LCD, the difference is shocking, when the picture starts moving the LCD just falls apart

how do you guys ignore the motion issues with LCD? it stutters on everything

Back
Top Bottom