1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who is off to Silverstone? (Accommodation)

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Kol, 12 May 2006.

1. Kol

Capodecina

Finally got myself together and secured my tickets to the British Grand Prix (9,10,11 June), however, we are yet to make arrangements for accommodation.
    I assume a few guys off here will be going, so my question really is where are you all staying?

Camping is my preferred choice and I'd hope to camp where a lot of the F1 fans will be.

2. Sam

Capodecina

http://www.whittlebury.com/

Stayed there before, quite expensive but i imagine it will be PACKED for the F1. I belive firestar has been b4 when the F1 was on :)

Sam

3. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

That i have wise one ;)

Good campsite, great during the F1 was £100 per pitch (thats one tent and one car) last year, had a beer tent and band on last year, only problem is after 11:30 they tell you to STFU so you must drink in silence :(

4. Tesla

Capodecina

How about our little field?

Maybe pass on the details for that Sam?

5. el_dazza

Capodecina

Last time i went i slept in the car :o

Wasnt very comfy, mind you. lol

6. Sam

Capodecina

I belive tesla would dissagree ;)

If you want to contact this other camping guy who we used for our camping meet -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. el_dazza

Capodecina

That's the place i was looking at many months ago when i was thinking of going, looks decent :)

8. Kol

Capodecina

I've contacted the first. I'll give the second a go too. Which is closest? I want a reasonable walking distance ;)

9. Vix

Wise Guy

We walked from the Stables campsite and it took about 15 mins. Apparently you can walk from Whittlebury but the gate you can get to easily was closed when we were there. reckon it will be open for the GP though.

10. Kol

Capodecina

Ta! :)

11. Mr.T

Hitman

I played at the golf course at Whittlebury 2 weeks ago. Someone said they were doing the f1 practice the day I was there ( you could hear them too). I can't imagine there is any site which could be closer, one of the corners was extremly close to the actual field I was in playing golf. I also think they put the f1 people up in the HSBC training center which is next to the golf course.

12. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Whittlebury is very close to the track but its a long walk to actually get into the track and through a gate, they campsite us silverstone bunch stayed at would actually be a quicker walk and it lets you in at a better gate.

13. Darryn

Mobster

Ive got a room at Travelodge its about 3miles from the track, 2miles from the enterance. Might be worth checking for a late cancellation.

14. Kol

Capodecina

Cheers - but I think we are hoping for a campsite atmosphere, plus I don't fancy a two mile walk (a taxi would be cheap I know, but we don't want to rely on taxis).

Firestar, which campsite did you actually stay at? You say the one you stayed at is closer than Whittelbury. I thought you stayed at Whittlebury?

15. NightSt@lk3r

Sgarrista

we stayed at this one

16. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Stayed at Whittelbury for the F1 and then on the ocuk silverstone meet stayed at the one sam posted, the one sam posted is cheaper and actually closer to a good entrance however i bet its now fully booked. :)

17. Kol

Capodecina

Aye, probably. I'll give them a call. Cheers mate.

18. Kol

Capodecina

Wow, it took me a long time to finalise! I got some details through from Whittlebury, £110. I called Richard Odell and he seemed a nice fella and had a good long chat on the phone. £100. I've asked him to send me all the details and we're going to stay there. He says he is ram packed as well, which we want!