Who is YOUR favourite guitarist of all time ?

Man of Honour
No need for discussions, just put the name of the guitarist who floats your boat the most.
The guitarist that says everything about you and why you are.
(still bets Penski puts a name we all have to Google).

For me :

Jimmy Page

Soldato
Another vote for Page. Could play in any style, fantastic showman and satan's right hand man. No Guitarist has had a bigger influence on Rock Music, even Hendrix. And he wrote the riff for 'Whole Lotta Love' which pwns every other riff out there.

JimmyPageLarge.jpg

And he still managed to look cool whilst wearing a silk dragon suit!

Permabanned
I dunno if I love Zappa for his overall musical ability, sense of humour and his lyrics....But he's definitely my fave guitarist in a 'off-the-top-of-my-head' moment.

Bassists though...I could give you a list a mile long and Google would break down.

*n

Soldato
Acoustic - Michael Hedges
Alternative - Omar Rodriguez Lopez (Mars Volta)
Showmanship - Hendrix
Shread - Satriani/Bettencourt

Honourable Mentions - Tom Morello, Kim Thayil, Chris Cornell, Zappa, Reinhardt

Soldato
dmpoole said:
No he didn't.
Zeppelin had to pay an undisclosed sum to an old blues player but don't let that get in the way that he took the riff and made it magical.

bugger

I'm sure you're referring to a Willie Dixon song, but if I remember right it was the lyrics that were the issue as Plant had borrowed from the song. But if you're sure then I stand corrected. It doesn't detract from the riff's swaggering greatness, though it's one of the few Zeppelin songs that I think sounded better on record than it did live. The ambient miking techniques that he used were brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom