Who knows your PIN?

Man of Honour
OP
You need to be in the immediate vicinity of the side for that to work :)

Guess its a question of personal style. There's enough people either side of 'no-one' to 'those I trust' to make either acceptable I suppose.

She can (and does) still spend what she wants. My current account pays off the shared account in full anyway.

Permabanned
You need to be in the immediate vicinity of the side for that to work :)

Not really, you just call her up and ask her.

Guess its a question of personal style. There's enough people either side of 'no-one' to 'those I trust' to make either acceptable I suppose.

She can (and does) still spend what she wants. My current account pays off the shared account in full anyway.

People deal with their finances in different ways, what works for one may not work for another. For us it is shared finances, for others it is personal finances with shared responsibility for shared expenditure. If it works, it works, if it doesn't then change it.

I don't understand why you wouldn't ask, or tell your wife about a dodgy transaction though, before reporting it or confirming it, whether you share accounts or not.

Associate
My Wife, no one else needs to know it. I didnt really want her to know because i like to keep my passwords to myself, but she cant use it without my card so no harm :D

Soldato
If you deny all knowledge of the transaction because there's only you on your account and it was your wife using your details, haven't you shopped her by default? They'd investigate and find out it was her. We'd possibly be in line for compensation claim for time spent investigating I would think, as well as being in breach of ts and cs?

Last half pure conjecture!

Then you just ring them back and tell them that you remembered that you had spent the money after all. It's fairly reasonable for someone not to remember every transaction on their account. This is a poor reason for the lack of trust IMO.

My girlfriend and I share passwords and pin numbers a lot. We rarely have to use them, but when needed it does come in handy. Sometimes it's can just be a mental block where one of us has forgotten the pin/password and we can remind each other what it is.

We would never actually do anything without speaking about it first anyway, unless it was some sort of emergency, in which case dealing with the fraud department of the bank would be the least of my concerns.

Soldato
just me.

nothing to do with trust, i have my account and she has hers. anything in the middle there is our joint account for bills and food.

Soldato
Just me.

This thread reminds me of a time at uni, where I saw a friend of mine with about 5 different bank cards

Me "Why do you have so many cards?"
Him "Oh, X, Y and Z etc.. gave them to me so I can withdraw cash to pay for their drugs later"

Soldato
Girlfriend does but we've been together 10 years, plus she only uses my card with me around, otherwise it's in my pocket so I don't really mind.

I know hers as well, but same as above, she carries her card around with her all the time.

Caporegime
Only my wife has my PIN to my account and cards, she also has full access to my account and same with me. Makes sense should anything happen to one of us but other than her, no one has any access including my mum or my brothers.

Back
Top Bottom