1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who knows your PIN?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gilly, 17 Jul 2013.

1. Russinating

Capodecina

Girlfriend and best mate. Don't see the issue.

2. -Ad-

Capodecina

No one.

If there's an absolute emergency, they have my card and I cannot be there, then I could give them it on the phone. Happened once, still changed the PIN.

Money does funny things to people sometimes ;)

3. Gilly

Man of Honour

Pretty much. She's like a magpie :)

4. arknor

Caporegime

Guys a serious question

If only you know you PIN...
    How do you get money out of the banks cash machines ;)

Only me and the banks computer system knows my PIN.....

5. Yas786

Caporegime

Is this some sort of trick question??

6. arknor

Caporegime

no but if only you know your pin the cash points won't be able to confirm it :p

7. ThundyCat

Commissario

No one but me knows my pin. And I don't know Any of my wife's pins.

8. Russinating

Capodecina

A lot of you have trust issues I would say. Do you all have separate cars and only have your own key and a separate front door too?

9. joeyjojo

Soldato

This is a very good point. If your card is used for fraudulent purposes they'll ask a series of questions, including "does anybody else know the PIN". If you answer "yes", say goodbye to the automatic refund.

10. paintguy

Mobster

My wife could probably guess my PIN number but it'll only work with my card and that's with me at all times.

Having said that it's a shared account so she can get at my money with her own card anyway :( :D

11. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

I know my mates, he doesn't know mine. But we're both self employed together and I troll him by using it. May get him to change it tbh.

But it is good idea nobody knows your pin really in case anything goes missing. Obviously both friends of 10yrs though so both know each other well with money.

12. thecremeegg

Sgarrista

Exactly. My gf knows my PIN, hardly the end of the world!

13. Voxination

Chooser of poor weather meets

GF and a 2 very close friends know mine, parents know it but have forgotten. As someone else said, knowing my PIN and actually having my card is completely different.

14. robfosters

Caporegime

My mum and brother know mine.

Does not bother me in the slightest as I trust them both implicitly.

I also have most of my money in mums account. As you may be aware, I have suffered very bad health and if anything happens to me, I would rather my mum just have my money straight away rather than go through the rigmarole of probate.

15. ince

Perma Banned

Only me

16. Ciphon

Wise Guy

17. ChrisJSY

Soldato

My brother and a friend, it came about when travelling and was given " in case anything happens and you need cash, here's my pin". It stuck, I trust them plus they've gone beyond the call in helping me out.

18. Milkybk

Sgarrista

What app do you use FF?

In other news, reckon your financial situation would allow you to make another sporting bet with me (be cricket this time instead of rugby though)? If you fancy losing another few beers anyway... :p

19. Freefaller

Man of Honour

hehe :p Don't really do cricket I'm afraid - should have tempted me with the Tennis! :D

For Barlcays I use the barclays app, for santander I use the santander app!

I use MS Money at home which is free to download.

However, I have used account tracker for iphone and easymoney for android - to good effect when I was still getting my finances in order. Now I just do my books once a month rather than worry about tracking it on the move - I can log onto my bank accounts remotely using their apps.

In a more simple world I'd by able to synch ms money to an app - so I could update it on the fly - but for the sake of 30 mins a month - it really isn't a problem.

Initially setting up all your accounts, DD, and creating your budget is a little bit boring/painstaking - but now, I just plug the numbers in and anything that I don't have a receipt for which I cannot identify, I investigate.

Over the past 3 years, I've had 4 dodgy occurrences on my account, 2 of which were genuine issues (company kept taking money for something I had unsubscribed from), 2 of which the name of the trading company didn't ring a bell - but was all sorted.

People will say it's over kill, but at least I can feel fairly confident when I'm spending my money of what I've got in my bank accounts :)

20. davido_labido

Mobster

urm... i was a little flippant with my pin the last time i was out on the lash in manchester, i was just giving anyone who could be bothered to walk to the bar my card, and my pin to get the drinks in....

in hindsight, i should probably change it :/