Who knows your PIN?

Soldato
My fiancé, and I know his. He knows mine because he lost his PIN for his joint account card, so if he is using the joint account, he uses my card, and my PIN is the same for my two cards. In fact I wouldn't even say he knows it as I have to tell it him every time :)

I also know my mum's, mostly because she dangerously uses the same code for everything - bank cards, house alarm code, Sky PIN...

Soldato
Me, my girlfriend, best mate and brother. not that bothered really, if my card is missing I cancel it :/ if you dont know where you bank cards are there is something wrong!

Soldato
The missus knows my PIN and I know hers. Most of our outgoings come from our joint account but as an example I might ask her to get me some trainers or a game or something if she's going out and she'd use my card then. There is no chance of anything 'going missing' or 'unusual' happening because I have my card 99% of the time, plus she wouldn't use it without me asking her to! Certainly does sound like a trust issue, unless she has a duplicate of your card.

Man of Honour
OP
This is a very good point. If your card is used for fraudulent purposes they'll ask a series of questions, including "does anybody else know the PIN". If you answer "yes", say goodbye to the automatic refund.

Apparently it isn't a good point and if you don't share your PIN you're a paranoid schizophrenic with severe trust issues.

Back
Top Bottom