Who knows your PIN?

Soldato
My girlfriend does, mainly because she doesn't work at the moment as she looks after our daughter full time.

I give her money every month on pay day but she will sometimes run out and then has an issue with asking for more. I'll then ask her to pick something up or top the car up while she's out, she'll confess to being skint and so she takes my card as I cannot transfer cash and it hit her account quickly enough.

I don't see it as an issue at all, she needs both the card and the PIN to spend anything and i only give her the card when she needs it.

Caporegime
Girlfriend.

Occasionally tell her what the pin is when we get the food bill and I need the loo.

She can't get hold of my card so I'm not concerned whether she remembers it or not.

Soldato
I have cards that I don't even know the pin for, so anyone else has no chance (only use my clarity card once a year if that, always need to ask for a new pin).

Don't think my mrs knows my pin but as most of our money is spent from a joint acc anyway it's largely irrelevant.

Man of Honour
I don't get why people are getting so wound up about those in this thread that are vehement about keeping their PINs to themselves? What's wrong with wanting to do that?

It is after all your number and it is meant to be private. I only ever gave it to people to pay on my behalf, not expecting people to remember it or use it (then again I have my card on me), it's nothing to do with trust. Besides, most couples have joint accounts.

Soldato
I think my Girlfriend knows mine. By that I mean I have told her what it is before when I've asked her to get cash out if I've pulled over by a cash point but I'm not sure if she remembers it or not. Either way I'm not fussed. She is, and always will be the only one.

Soldato
Changing the subject slightly. Do any of you hold cash in your wallets now? I never do, never have cash on me, I only pay for stuff on card. Unless I'm going round the town on the lash, and then I will take card and take out £80 or so.

I know my wifes card numbers and she knows mine. It's no problem for us.

Back
Top Bottom