Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
Looks like I need a new alternator for my 220. :(

Any ideas on where to get one? Cheapest one I have seen on Ebay is £215 for genuine brand new. Otherwise £105 for a reconditioned one.

Anywhere else to get one cheaper and how much labour charge would I be looking at?

Associate
when I thought my alternator had gone, I was close to buying the ebay recon one as I'm sure it comes with a warranty.

fortunately mine is ok (for now)

Soldato
anyone know what a pulsating feeling at idle would be from? when sat idling for more than a few seconds its like a pulse vibrating the engine that can be felt sat in the car. The revs dont change altough it will occasionly sit at 1.5k at startup and sometimes below 1k like it should. I had all the breather pipes etc checked for splits they are fine so its not them which are the usual culprit.

Soldato
Changed the fuel filter, plugs, leads lately?
yes full service last month with new fuel filter and ford spark plugs. The mechanic thought the new fuel filter would sort it but it has not sadly. How much would i be looking at for coil pack and leads on the 220? they are quite pricey are they not?

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't have thought so, there's nothing special about them. But you never know with Ford prices.

There's a second hand coil pack and lead set on eBay for £85 at the moment.

Soldato
yeh i have just checked ebay they are not too badly priced actually i must have been thinking of the Focus ST225 colil pack and leads prices.
Can anyone tell me are the facelift 2006/7 tail lights a straight swap for the older style tail lights? is it just a case of swapping with no change of bulbs etc? it seems a popular swap as they look more modern compared to the standard 2003 lights

Soldato
OP
They are a straight swap, but I believe the "final facelift" (hardly a facelift since that's about all that changed but still) lights don't have reflectors in them, hence the extra ones on the bumpers. Worth bearing in mind if you want it to be strictly road legal / more visible if you park on unlit roads.

Soldato
yeh i thought i had seen in the past about the lack of reflectors which would be a factor given my 2003 does not have them on the bumper. As long as it passes its mot with them fitted i think it will be worth the change as they look far better from the facelift imo.

Soldato
I thought it was something to do with the reversing lights? will look into it.

ANyway ive just done a bit on mine... had both flexi pipes replaced with new from ford ( about a ton each ) and just ordered a JP stainless! looking at about 3 weeks till its made, cant wait. In the meanwhile i have fitted Heko wind deflectors and new REG plates and silver steel window trims so starting to look much nicer now.

Soldato
They are a straight swap, but I believe the "final facelift" (hardly a facelift since that's about all that changed but still) lights don't have reflectors in them, hence the extra ones on the bumpers. Worth bearing in mind if you want it to be strictly road legal / more visible if you park on unlit roads.

I may or may not have run mine for 3 years with no lower reflectors.

Soldato
Windows open when raining = strange :p
I just always like the windows open a bit, dunno why, just do :p In a morning without hekos any water on the roof would just pour in as i turned left at the bottom of the road, now it does not so im happy. Anyway i have a silver car and the tinted hekos look just right on it.

Well i had my flexi's and JP exhausts fitted last week... new REG plates and new chrome front grille ( cheap off ebay had to cut the key hole a little and drill out holes for the fastening bolts ) and touch wood she is running perfect now! The JP sounds great, lovely roar and a little burble but not too much.

Next job is to get the drivers seat rip repaired, a local auto upholsterer will fit 2 new panels to the side of the recaro and will look like new.. approx £150. Then its the brake ASBO upgrade later in the year i guess!

Back
Top Bottom