Who should be the next person to play Batman?

Soldato
I should preface by saying that I thought Christian Bale was absolutely superb as both the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne. I recall Christopher Nolan saying that the part was so difficult to cast for as neither he, nor David S. Goyer, could think of that many actors that could pull off a great Bruce and a great Batman. With that being said, imagining anyone else donning the cape and suit is difficult...

Who do you think would be best suited? I have read that Warner Bros. are looking for an actor in the mid 40s, to play a Batman that has been fighting crime for a number of years and is well worn in (but don't take it as gospel). Who would your choice to play this character be?

Ryan Gosling seems to be at the top of all the lists floating around online, with people like Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jake Gyllenhaal close behind. Michael Fassbender, James Franco and Karl Urban have also been mentioned. Personally, I think they would all be horrendous choices. The only person that has been named that made me stop and think, 'Maybe', was Josh Brolin. He's the right age, he's gruff enough and was a complete bad ass in Gangsta Squad.

Who is your pick, and why?

Here's a hint at the level of bad assery we are looking for here:

Caporegime
Nicholas Cage

:p

On a more serious note:

Completely agree, Bale IS Batman/Bruce Wayne. Can't see anyone topping him.

HELL NO to those listed there, absolutely terrible choices, especially Ryan Gosling :eek: :confused:, Karl Urban could perhaps be ok, at least for the Batman side but not sure about pulling of the Bruce Wayne side........

edit:

Eric Bana could be pretty good.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Good call on Eric Bana, I also wouldn't mind Karl Urban giving it a shot either, he'd be great in the suit but yeah he needs to work on the Bruce Wayne side of things

Soldato
It's not so much who can play the best Batman, anyone can be good behind the mask, I think it'll come down to who can be a good Bruce Wayne- dark, enigmatic, assertive, troubled, flawed, strong. Edward Norton? Guy Pearce? Ryan Reynolds?

Caporegime
Can't we leave batman for a decade or so? There will be a new crop of actors by then and we won't be overloaded on the films.

Indeed.

Why isn't Christian Bale reprising his role?

He said he wouldn't do it without Nolan directing, and Nolan has said he's done with directing Batman films. He's completed his trilogy and doesn't want to go any further.

Why isn't Christian Bale reprising his role?

Because after three films he had sense enough to call it a day.

He did well out of the films and for me it was a great reboot.

Also by going off the rumour mill the next films aren't in Nolans Universe so having the same Batman doesn't fit.

To be honest when there is so little time between films whoever plays the next Batman is taking a big chance.

Back
Top Bottom