who sold there games pc for a 360?

Soldato
G.O.A.T said:
Well I'm a graphics whore so as a PC replacement the 360 just doesn't cut it. I need exclusive content and innovative features (perhaps motion sensing controllers) to get me to buy a machine that exclusively plays games, something both the PS3 and the Wii look to have now.

I was the same, my PC right now still has two 7800 GTXs in SLI. Trust me, the Xbox 360 in HD is more than enough. Plus my projector at 80" is far, far more immersive than my 21" monitor. The Xbox 360's graphics are great, the control method is great, its just a great games console.

Soldato
I was planning on buying a new PC instead of an xbox360 but realised that the short timespan to dx10 (that being a huge upgrade) so bought the xbox as a kinda placeholder until the PC gets ahead again

Caporegime
Actually my main pc that i used to use is now in pieces, courtesy of a water cooling project that never quite got off the ground so to speak. But tbh i use my laptop for general stuff ie work related and browsing the net etc etc. I wouldnt get rid of it though, although im currently looking at faster models as mines getting a tad slowish.

But saying that ive never really been into gaming on my pc, first of all too damn expensive keeping up to date with the latest hardware and games. The 360 does the job admirably, plays games and plays them very good without having to upgrade the gfx, memory or cpu etc.

Soldato
Never sold my PC for the 360. Just kept and downgraded it.

At the time I needed a new graphics card to play the upcomming games. At £300 for a PCI-E card (system is AGP) and a new mobo,etc. I decided to put the cash towards a 360 and haven't regretted it since.

My PC then got downgraded.

Gone was the case, mobo, PSU and 6800GT graphics card. In came a Shuttle (bargain at £100) and a 6200.

Just use it now for browsing the net, work etc. All gaming is catered for by the 360.

Soldato
james.miller said:
dont bother, it doesnt really work out cheaper. If you sell your pc and buy a 360, you still gotta buy the games as well. it doesnt work out cheaper.

A while back I worked out at which point the Xbox 360 would be more expensive than a migh-high PC. Its somewhere around 30-40 games per upgrade phase. So if you upgrade your PC every 6 months, then thats 30-40 games every 6 months.

If you get more than 30-40 games then the PC is cheaper, less, the Xbox 360 is cheaper. Thats at the Xbox 360's higher than normal game prices, when it drops the number of games predictably increases.

Associate
Boogle said:
Trust me, the Xbox 360 in HD is more than enough.

For you absolutely! but not for me.

Boogle said:
Plus my projector at 80" is far, far more immersive than my 21" monitor.

I have a Hi-Def Projector and find it unweildy for playing games so I just watch movies on it but I'm glad you obviously get more use out of yours.

I have nothing againsed the 360 but I'm tired of all these threads where fanboys rub each others egos and nobody has the balls to step in and go "You know what, no i don't want to sell my PC for a 360 and yes I know Geometry Wars is great." Of course I expect console fans to go mad (how could anyone not want to sell their grandmother for a Microsoft Console?) but I think the PC is a better 'games machine' than the 360. Of course, and as with all these things, that is just a matter of opinion.

Permabanned
LOL a real gaming PC will buy a few 360's!! Each of the GFX cards i sold would have bought a premium! hell i swapped the CPU for a premium + 2 games and STILL was at a slight loss over market prices.

In short, real gaming PC is about a thousand times more valuable than a 360 yet only around the same in realtime power. so 360>PC for value but PC>360 for functionality but it comes at a cost.

I now prefer - Cheap PC + 360. However as PC tech advances and overtakes the current consoles i may be tempted back into a multi-thousand pound behemoth yet.

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
However as PC tech advances and overtakes the current consoles i may be tempted back into a multi-thousand pound behemoth yet.

Same as me, but it will only be because there is some killer game that requires it, right now the 360 does me just fine and should do for the forseeable future.

Soldato
G.O.A.T said:
For you absolutely! but not for me.

Apart from higher resolution what can your PC do graphically that a 360 can't?

I'm not being a console fanboy here, I've been gaming on PC's since my first 286 something like 17 years ago when Wing Commander 2 filled one of my 20MB drives ;)

My PC can still play pretty much anything out there right now, there's just nothing worth playing.

Soldato
james.miller said:
dont bother, it doesnt really work out cheaper. If you sell your pc and buy a 360, you still gotta buy the games as well. it doesnt work out cheaper.

This is a good point, I've actually found myself playing more games on the 360 than I did on the PC and they do cost a fortune compared to PC games. Very annoying :(

Soldato
Another factor to my decision was games.

I look at the 360 and see games that I have or are coming out:

PGR3
GRAW
Oblivion
Kameo
Fight Night 3
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Huxley
Rainbow 6: Las Vegas
Saints Row
Resident Evil 5
The Darkness
Halo 3
Forza 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Too Human
Stranglehold
Alan Wake
Brother In Arms: Hells Highway
Pro Evo 2007
Fable 2
Lost Planet
Bio Shock
Haze
Prey
Hitman: Blood Money
Heavy Rain

Looking at the PC the only titles that really appeal to me are Quake Wars and Crysis.

On that, I felt it would be mad to spend £'s on a PC upgrade to play a few games when I could use the money for a 360 and play all those games listed that I'm looking forward to playing.

Associate
OP
i wouldnt completely sell my pc, just sell the card and xfi and maybe me 146 and put my "backup" 144 in and sell the 146.

i have loads of other computers around and could have some fun with my xpm and some socket a gear! im sure that used to do 2.5 or something,

i would definately never leave myself without at least two pc or the means to build two!
i would merely move my current games rig to one side, wait while dx 10 comes and/or see what conroe/am2 brings, the 360 would just be a timefiller!

seems a lot of you are really happy and have done the same thing so that is promising.
it is either that or buy a x1900xt/7900gtx. however that would only lead to the urge "i will just have to get a dual core cpu now" it never ends! :(

Soldato
wyrdo said:
This is a good point, I've actually found myself playing more games on the 360 than I did on the PC and they do cost a fortune compared to PC games. Very annoying :(

You can recoup more money selling console games though, so assuming you did the same with PC games (bought and sold a game after completing it rather than horading), console gaming should still be cheaper.

Associate
OP
the price of the games will come down soon, it will have to to compete against ps3 etc. you will soon be able to get em off ebay etc.
a lot of my mates have them so the games situation aint really that much of a problem.
currently i find myself playing a lot of halo2 link on the old eggbox with me mates more than i play on my pc, on which i only really play the older games anyway, farcry and that, nothing really new intersests me that much, i think i could be quite happy on the 360 till dx 10 comes out.
halo 3 system link on 2xhd sounds like one very fine but heavy lanparty to me!

Soldato
Hi Keef its Xaser04 from Guru3d. I replied on your thread there but I will reply here as well.

I basically sold my GFX card from my pc (and my processor) as I simply don't really use my pc for gaming any more.

The 360 is more than capable of outputting some lovely graphics along with excellent gameplay.

The main point is however (and this has already been advanced on) is are there any games for the 360 that you actually want. If not then its not really for you.

Associate
OP
alright owen! yeah not so happy with the response over there, certain people flame you for nothing! meow...
tryin a uk based forum, people are damn fast here!
im glad you not regretting it, am thinkin same myself now! abot 70/30 in favour of 360!

Back
Top Bottom