who sold there games pc for a 360?

Soldato
i am still quite an avid PC gamer, but also have a 360.

i didnt sell my PC for it because my PC isnt worth too much. its not stupidly high end (socket 754 3400+ clawhammer, x800pro etc, most of it second hand to keep price down) but still plenty powerful enough to play most games on high detail. (BF2, HL2 etc)

really dont see the need in cross fire and sli etc, unless you absolutly demand nothing less that 60fps at a stupid resolution. the performance increase compared to the cost is getting silly i think. as has been said, just the price of one of these cards would pretty much pay for a premium 360!

so my point is, its nice to have the best of both worlds without spending thousands, and its quite possible, just need to lower your PC spec a bit to the point where you still get respectable fps and detail without goin overboard (unless of course you can afford to lol) :)

Permabanned
keef said:
alright owen! yeah not so happy with the response over there, certain people flame you for nothing! meow...
tryin a uk based forum, people are damn fast here!
im glad you not regretting it, am thinkin same myself now! abot 70/30 in favour of 360!

This is a good and friendly forum. Just stick to the rules which keep it that way :) the banhammer is like lightning on here :D and welcome to the forums!.....You'll never leave!

Associate
OP
Ultra_Extreme said:
This is a good and friendly forum. Just stick to the rules which keep it that way :) the banhammer is like lightning on here :D and welcome to the forums!.....You'll never leave!

thanx, im noticing everyone here is friendly and nice! think i will stick around for a while!

Associate
I still would prefer to play my games on my pc, but prices of upgrades are getting stupid,, I mean I payed £1500 for my pc last year and now it needs upgrading so im looking at another £1000 and then how long would that last??? with my 360 I can turn it on and Know it will play the game im loading up smooth and look great (Oblivion excluded)

Soldato
I mean I payed £1500 for my pc last year and now it needs upgrading so im looking at another £1000 and then how long would that last???

It needs upgrading?

I spent roughly £800 two years ago on a A64 3500+/1GB/6800GT/SATA RAID 0 and it's still going strong. I can still play recent games with decent looking graphics and I don't intend to upgrade for another year.

Needing to upgrade every 6 months to game on a PC is a myth, unless you MUST have every setting maxed out.

Soldato
Tunney said:
It needs upgrading?

I spent roughly £800 two years ago on a A64 3500+/1GB/6800GT/SATA RAID 0 and it's still going strong. I can still play recent games with decent looking graphics and I don't intend to upgrade for another year.

Needing to upgrade every 6 months to game on a PC is a myth, unless you MUST have every setting maxed out.

exactly what i was trying to say :)

Soldato
Sold gaming PC and bought a 360+PSP+10 games, MP3 Player, Phone, various gagdets and still had money left for beer :)

Still got laptops for PC stuff.

Soldato
Nah you didnt, that stuff wasnt even out 2 years ago. I paid about £800 for a 2.8ghz prescott, a 5950ultra, 512mb and a cheapo case (it was a full system though...not including TFT mind). That kind of setup was available like a year and a half ago, and at a price tag of more like 1200

I've just checked my credit card bill and I ordered it just before the August bank holiday in 2004. CPU was £300, gfx card was £260, RAM was £120, motherboard was £80 and the PSU was £40. I remember when it was because the nVidia 6800 cards were just coming available.

I already had the case, soundcard, wifi card, etc.

Associate
I have just broken up my PC with 7800GT and A64 3700+ 2gb ram etc and bought a new Laptop.

The Xbox 360 and my DS have kept me quite happy over the last few months and Ive only been using the PC for email, internet and a few RTS games - which my laptop more than handles fine.

Plus there doesnt seem to be too much comming out on the PC in the near future - if E3 is anything to go by.

Soldato
I didnt sell my PC to fund my 360 purchase as my girlfriend got it for me for Xmas, but since Ive had it Ive not loaded up one game on the PC. And thats coming from very regular playing of BF2 and CS:Source.

Soldato
I haven't sold it, just allowed it to get even more out of date.

Might need to get a laptop for work use, if I do my pc will be broken up and sold bit by bit on ebay.

Soldato
THC_SsSsSnake said:
woops I didnt word that very well.I meant i'd sold my 360 because Blazing angels was pants ans I love il2 on the pc :D

You sold your 360 because you thought one game was pants? :confused:

Associate
THC_SsSsSnake said:
woops I didnt word that very well.I meant i'd sold my 360 because Blazing angels was pants ans I love il2 on the pc :D

I could quite understand that,,, I felt like throwing my 360 through the window when i saw how bad the tearing was in that game, especially after being dissapointed with the framerates in Oblivion :( Luckily I swapped it for Burnout Revenge and all is sweet now,, Im right into Burnout at the mo :)

Associate
Nismo said:
You sold your 360 because you thought one game was pants? :confused:

lol I was really looking forward to the game Nismo as flying games are my 1st love,I guess I just wanted to concentrate on the pc flying stuff,still think the box is a great machine though,just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom