who sold there games pc for a 360?

Soldato
THC_SsSsSnake said:
lol I was really looking forward to the game Nismo as flying games are my 1st love,I guess I just wanted to concentrate on the pc flying stuff,still think the box is a great machine though,just not for me.

Blazing Angels was out on PC as well ;)

Associate
I won’t sell my PC but I am itching for a console to take advantage of my HDTV. I have not bought a 360 because most of the games that I am interested in will be released on the PC anyway, and why pay more for the same game. I also do not like arcade racing or sports games and have absolutely no interest in Halo3.

Out of all the next gen consoles I think the 360 least compliments a PC. So I have the dilemma of owning a really nice HDTV but no HD content to use it with. The PS3 games-wise will compliment a PC but I would have to wait another 6 months and there is also the rather steep price tag. The Wii looks interesting but 'sob' no HD gaming.

Do not get me wrong I think that the 360 great and very good value compared to a PC but I just wish the type of games were more varied.

Associate
I wouldn't say I sold my PC entirely. I just downgraded my graphics card, stopped upgrading everything and got a 360 instead. Been happy with it so far.

Permabanned
You've really gotta ask yourself; "What can i afford?" I sold my gaming PC, in the main, cos as some of you may know i idiotically wrote off my car. For my business (self emp) i had to have a car. So £1500's worth of gaming PC was just too much unecessary equity to keep. So i sold it and got a 360 + Car (about 2k tot)

We are all in different scenarios financially, mine suggested that a 360 was the cheapest way to play oblivion at good settings (why i had the uber PC to begin with) without wrecking my business budget which is far more important than any game. However id never deny that with a good job and few expenses a PC IS STILL the best way to game. Sure. But with the ease of Live! play + the multi-functional aspect becoming more prevalent in modern consoles you cant help but think that they are the most cost effective solution.

Associate
I did this. I sold my gaming rig and bought a Dell laptop and an xbox 360. Best thing ive done in ages. I miss PC gaming a bit, but ive got an x300 in my laptop which plays Civ4 and UT2004 just fine, so im good.. :)
360's where its at. It's just immense.

Associate
I decided to stick with my Radeon 9700Pro a few months ago and forget about an X850XTPE or something because although it was AGP, I decided to wait until I got a PCI-Ex mobo and then get it cheaper on that platform. Plus, I only played WoW.

Now picked up an XBox 360 for less than I would have paid for that card and I must say, one of the best purchases I've made this year. Don't have a widescreen HDTV though, but I'm happy with my PC TFT.

If it wasn't for WoW, I would just sell off or give my PC to someone close and just use my 360 and iBook (a bit laggy for WoW).

Back
Top Bottom