• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who Went (Amd) dual core then switched back to single?

Permabanned
I had a 4400 dual then a 3800 and another 3800.

Now i have a 3700 but only cos it does 3.5ghz under the mach :)

Didnt need the power of the 3.1ghz dual core if im honest

Tom

Soldato
welshtom said:
I had a 4400 dual then a 3800 and another 3800.

Now i have a 3700 but only cos it does 3.5ghz under the mach :)

Didnt need the power of the 3.1ghz dual core if im honest

Tom
And do you need the 3.5Ghz from the 3700? lol

Soldato
harris1986 said:
Hi there Joe, innitially it was strange one morning i switched my comp on did the usual, turned it off came back to it in the afternoon and it's wudn't even power on, i checked everything. Took the comp to my friends did the same, i changed ram to single channel and it booted fine! i thought it was the mobo at first so bought a new board and had the same result, went back to my friends and tried his cpu in my board and booted fine in dual channel memory, tried my cpu in his and wudn't boot in dual channel! So got 2 new cpu's now both of which work fine in dual channel.
Thanks for that.
Got a machine here failing memtest, but the ram tests ok in another machine, and some other ram that passes memtest fails in this machine.
Can't get it to pass memtest no matter what i do.
Then i started getting bsods and random lockups.
I'm trying to decide if i should send the board back or the cpu, seeing as the cpu is a poor clocker anyway i might try and get that replaced first!

Soldato
In a moment of madness I ordered a 165 from the States and like sgoaty Im still waiting for mine. On reflection Im now not sure why I did it, maybe I'll just sell the 165 when it comes!

Soldato
footman said:
In a moment of madness I ordered a 165 from the States and like sgoaty Im still waiting for mine. On reflection Im now not sure why I did it, maybe I'll just sell the 165 when it comes!

Im starting to get annoyed with how lomg its taking now. Its been 2 weeks and its been at customs for the past 3 days

Back
Top Bottom