Poll: Who will you be voting for on May 5th?

Which political party will you vote for?

• Liberal Democrats

Votes: 187 20.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 311 34.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 161 17.6%
  • Regional Party (Plaid Cymru, SNP, etc.)

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Issues Party (BNP, Greens, UKIP)

Votes: 45 4.9%
  • Independent candidate

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • Abstaining from voting

Votes: 107 11.7%
  • Not eligible for voting

Votes: 74 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Garp said:
I can understand it to an extent.. voting for Lib dems with the way the voting is at the moment could be construed as a wasted vote. They're not likely to take power, and all it results in is a weakened opposition to the government.

However... if people actually got out there and voted based on their political viewpoints I suspect we'd see a bit of a change. Instead today I went and tactically voted.
That's precisely what Haly and I are saying.
Tactical voting is all well and good, but if people actually voted for the party they really wanted as opposed to the one more likely to gain power, we may actually see some justice.

Soldato
Jenjey said:
That's precisely what Haly and I are saying.
Tactical voting is all well and good, but if people actually voted for the party they really wanted as opposed to the one more likely to gain power, we may actually see some justice.

You're never going to see a change away from tactical voting unless radical reformations are made to the voting system. I'm strongly in favour of a proportional representation system. That way every single vote more accurately counts towards who ends up with their bums in what seats.

Soldato
fRostiE said:
they seam to be certain its going to be labour... or so prescott says anyway

Thats what the polls have been saying since the election was first announced.. take a look here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2005/polltracker/html/polltracker.stm

It won't be a surprise if they do end up getting another 5 years in power to be honest.. I suspect things'll swing the other way for the next election. Its just our standard UK pattern.

Associate
Well this was my first ever vote and i voted Conservative mainly as a tatical vote to stop the lib dems getting my local seat which they didnt thank god. The way i see it the lib dems should be called the real joke not the real alternative. I came to this conclusion by looking at the local councils. At term time (im a student) i live in a lib dem council area ouch which has had local toilets closed and the bath spa project ouch how many millions over budget was that before they did something. Comparing this to my local tory council where i cant see any problems the lib dems aint got a clue and just pick up votes from the slack asses who dont work, teachers or people who were against the war. ffs people where is our oil gonna come from? it had to be done.
hello by the way my first post probably made a few enemies already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom