• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'd like to pick up the FE, but judging by the 3080 it will be next to impossible to get.

So for me its between the Gigabyte Gaming OC or Asus TUF. Although I'm still flip flopping between this and being sensible/patient and checking out the post AMD situation...

Caporegime
Current leaked numbers suggest 10% faster than 3080 for 2x the price, doubt many will pick them up if those numbers turn out to be right.

Associate
i bet they will release a upgraded 3090, like a 3090ti or a 3090 titan with 40gb of memory and double the rate of cuda cores ect ect, they will reveal this beast closer to when AMD reveal their new monster Nvidia killer cards, u can tell the new gen AMD cards will have 3090 like specs but at a cheaper price

Caporegime
If they're gonna slap 48 gigs of memory on it then it's really making it utterly pointless, 24 is already more than overkill, suppose if they can't squeak more performance out of it slapping more ram on to ratchet the price is the way to go =/. And the i/o thing that seems to be similar to amd's HBCC already makes 24 seem a bit mental.

Soldato
I'll have a look at them when reviews are released. I'm not sure what my cut off point is regarding performance, I know it won't be in line with price difference but maybe 30% better performance than 3080 would do me. The Vram is also a selling point for me as I'm gaming on a 4k 120Hz screen.

I won't consider anything other than a FE at MRSP. There's not a chance I'll be handing over £1.5k for someone to say, "maybe next month, maybe January mate".

I might not bother logging on at 2pm. If they're gone by the time I head over to look, then I couldn't care less. :)

Soldato
I'm tempted even though only at 1440P for the moment. I'd expect 20-30% over the 3080.
Similar to the above, but I will look around 2pm and if they go straight to out of stock that's gonna be me out of the market until after Xmas I think when hopefully supply can meet demand. Also we'll know where AMD stands by then too and maybe even have an idea if we'll get something like a cut back 3090 to form a 3080 Ti,or something, although I'll be suprirised if we get a sniff of that until Summer.
My 2080 still serves me well hence if I can't buy on release I'll just hold off - I'm not pre-ordering and waiting an unknown amount of time for something to show up.

The 48GB version will likely be the Titan. Probably another 10% is my guess just with a stack load more memory..

I'm only interested in the FE.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's looking like 10% faster than the 3080 from a leaker who was pretty spot on with 3080 leaks.
I'd be surprised if that's the case but I expect the full benefit to be at 4k. I don't care for averages, if that 10% is expected to be an average across a lot of games, so I'll try to see under what conditions/games it's better in (higher % increase). If games I'll likely play, ie, RT titles/DLSS then that'll be fine.
If it is only 10% max in any game, especially at 1440P which is what I'll be using for now, I'll hold off until after Chrimbo.

Associate
I'd be surprised if that's the case but I expect the full benefit to be at 4k. I don't care for averages, if that 10% is expected to be an average across a lot of games, so I'll try to see under what conditions/games it's better in (higher % increase). If games I'll likely play, ie, RT titles/DLSS then that'll be fine.
If it is only 10% max in any game, especially at 1440P which is what I'll be using for now, I'll hold off until after Chrimbo.

I hope it's wrong, but feel it's probably real. 10% was the highest, I think the average was more like 8.8%

Soldato
If those benchmarks figures even approximately correct, you'd have to nuts to buy one of those 3090, 10-15ish (game dependant an' all that) fps over a 3080 for virtually double the price of the 3080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom