why are Greenpeace always missing the obvious ?

Associate
Just because they are a not for profit organisation doesn't mean they don't make a profit. It just means they transfer their profit each year to a reserve.

Their 2005 accounts show net current assets (basically cash and investments) or "reserves" of 87million Euro's.

Their London offices are in N1, not exactly a cheap part of town.

I'd also imagine that a lot of the higher level staff take home considerable pay packets, drive expensive cars and live in big houses. For the sake of the environment obviously...

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking they're only in it for the planet.

Soldato
Andy100 said:
Just because they are a not for profit organisation doesn't mean they don't make a profit. It just means they transfer their profit each year to a reserve.

Their 2005 accounts show net current assets (basically cash and investments) or "reserves" of 87million Euro's.

Their London offices are in N1, not exactly a cheap part of town.

I'd also imagine that a lot of the higher level staff take home considerable pay packets, drive expensive cars and live in big houses. For the sake of the environment obviously...

Lets not kid ourselves into thinking they're only in it for the planet.

I doubt they get 87 million from individuals' donations. *eyes big business*

Caporegime
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Nevermind the fact that a massive wind or tidal farm would totally **** up the ecosystem of the area in which you put it.... :rolleyes:

Of course, no coal/gas/oil fired plant or coal/gas/oil extraction site has ever screwed up the environment, has it?

Think before typing.

Soldato
vonhelmet said:
Of course, no coal/gas/oil fired plant or coal/gas/oil extraction site has ever screwed up the environment, has it?

Think before typing.

Windfarms take up a vastly greater space to generate the same ammount of power than a standard oil/gas/coal/nuclear powerplant.

Obviously the benefits of windfarms are that they are non-polluting. (Except visual pollution of the landscape)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Ah, but why is it better?

Also is there some specific reason why we should give more protection to animals that simply cannot be arsed to mate enough to maintain their own species on their own without our intervention?
If you feel the reason these species "cannot be arsed to mate" then I feel there is no reason for me to discuss the matter further with you. Your position is ignorant.

Permabanned
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Windfarms take up a vastly greater space to generate the same ammount of power than a standard oil/gas/coal/nuclear powerplant.

Obviously the benefits of windfarms are that they are non-polluting. (Except visual pollution of the landscape)
Turbines effect the micro climate, wind farms have a marked effect on the climate of the area. They also have a marked effect on bird populations. They are not 100 %benign. They do have a downside.

Associate
whether you agree or not with what they choose to highlight or why they choose to highlight it, the underlying message is so important that it cannot and should not be ignored. sustainable development, reduced pollutants environmentally friendly transport solutions etc etc, need to implemented before it's too late, unless of course it already is too late.

nin9a

Soldato
cymap said:
If you feel the reason these species "cannot be arsed to mate" then I feel there is no reason for me to discuss the matter further with you. Your position is ignorant.

No, I'm just a firm believer in survival of the fittest.

You on the other hand seem to be willing to risk the destruction of another species, rather than just killing off a species that is already dying out.

nin9abadga said:
whether you agree or not with what they choose to highlight or why they choose to highlight it, the underlying message is so important that it cannot and should not be ignored. sustainable development, reduced pollutants environmentally friendly transport solutions etc etc, need to implemented before it's too late, unless of course it already is too late.

Yes, but rather than just trying to educate the public, they run around like some form of eco-friendly Rambo being a general bunch of *******.

Last edited:
Associate
Greenpeace = confused contradictory self-righteous self-important fools

FACT!

and if another one of their supporters tries to stop me on the street and ask for my bank details once again, i'm gonna kick their ass, OcUK style!

Associate
yeah but unless they make a fuss and grab the headlines no one really gives a ****. can you imagine a well informed piece on the front page of the sun about how we should all recycle more and conserve energy unless it's a result of a greenpeace boat trying to sink a warship with the accompanying screaming headline?

i'm not saying i agree with their methods but the message they send is an important one for everyone.

nin9a

Soldato
nin9abadga said:
yeah but unless they make a fuss and grab the headlines no one really gives a ****. can you imagine a well informed piece on the front page of the sun about how we should all recycle more and conserve energy unless it's a result of a greenpeace boat trying to sink a warship with the accompanying screaming headline?

i'm not saying i agree with their methods but the message they send is an important one for everyone.

nin9a

But have you ever noticed they only ever seem to get in the news for all the wrong reasons? Its almost always for illegal acts of civil disobedience.

They're like bloody door-to-door salesmen, the only way they get you to remember their product is to constantly irritate you.

Back
Top Bottom