why are Greenpeace always missing the obvious ?

Caporegime
nealw said:
and if another one of their supporters tries to stop me on the street and ask for my bank details once again, i'm gonna kick their ass, OcUK style!

You mean you'll run home and post on here about how someone stopped you in the street?

And we'll all really care. A lot.

Man of Honour
greenpeace are very much like the Moonlanding conspiracy theorists. You can show however much evidence and logic to them. But there so in there own world, they don't relise there wrong.

Do my head in all the false infomation they give out in there leaflets and speachs. There worse than the goverment at lying about things.

Associate
AcidHell2 said:
greenpeace are very much like the Moonlanding conspiracy theorists. You can show however much evidence and logic to them. But there so in there own world, they don't relise there wrong.

Do my head in all the false infomation they give out in there leaflets and speachs. There worse than the goverment at lying about things.

sorry bud i totally disagree. whilst they may well present statistics or facts that support their message and ignore opposing arguments, the government are just as bad if not worse.

i'll say it again, regardless of their methods, the message of environmental sustainability and responsibility is one that cannot and should not be ignored. if they bring these issues to the forefront of public attention and galvanise people into taking action that means they save energy/recycle etc etc or source a more environmentally friendly product then it's all good.

nin9a

Man of Honour
nin9abadga said:
i'll say it again, regardless of their methods, the message of environmental sustainability and responsibility is one that cannot and should not be ignored. if they bring these issues to the forefront of public attention and galvanise people into taking action that means they save energy/recycle etc etc or source a more environmentally friendly product then it's all good.

nin9a

No its not all good. They hate nuclear which is are only current "clean" option.

Its all well and good for recycling and sustainabilty. As long as it doesn't affect the economy. What they wont to do is neither practical or achievable. There leaflets dont just use statistics to show there point, They plain and simply lie...

Permabanned
Chrisp7 said:
Greenpeace to me seem so negative, they complain about everything without coming up with any viable alternatives, eg complaining about coal, nuclear etc etc then blocking wind farms! To me they make no sense.
Have you purposefully not read this thread or are you just trolling?

Soldato
At least Greenpeace are trying to do something. What gets on my goat is people who say that windfarms are unsightly yet drive cars on endless miles of countryside road and pumps out fumes giving our children asma amongst other things!

Soldato
having watched interviews with their members on the news (and also members from the friends of the earth clan) I just get annoyed at the fact they winge about everything and yet never provide (in the interview at least) one helpful solution.

Like recently there are plans to build a new generation reactor at hinkley point power station, Greenpeace were on the news moaning like they normally do yet at no point did they offer anything constructive on how the electricity would be generated without the power station.

Permabanned
oweneades said:
having watched interviews with their members on the news (and also members from the friends of the earth clan) I just get annoyed at the fact they winge about everything and yet never provide (in the interview at least) one helpful solution.

Like recently there are plans to build a new generation reactor at hinkley point power station, Greenpeace were on the news moaning like they normally do yet at no point did they offer anything constructive on how the electricity would be generated without the power station.
You mean like this:

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/climate/solution/revolution.cfm

Which I posted on page 1 of this thread but hey, you cant be expected to read that can you.

Soldato
Jokester, I recently stopped a greenpeace advert from being shown at your place of work! I could go on but here is not the place.

IMO, people need to wake up and listen to what Greenpeace have to say however extreme it may seem.

Don
weescott said:
Jokester, I recently stopped a greenpeace advert from being shown at your place of work! I could go on but here is not the place.

IMO, people need to wake up and listen to what Greenpeace have to say however extreme it may seem.

The issue I have with Greenpeace is no matter how lofty their supposed goals are, they are ultimately about making money. And it looks from this thread that they are missing the point. Dubious technicalities asides their are not actively promoting the idea of combined heat and power as peoples responses here demonstrate.

But I suspect many people will be aware of various incidents where they've been shown to lie to get there way and also not be quite as environmentally aware as they should be.

I would be very interested to see just where their funds get spent and what % actually goes towards green causes/projects.

Jokester

Soldato
cymap said:
You mean like this:

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/climate/solution/revolution.cfm

Which I posted on page 1 of this thread but hey, you cant be expected to read that can you.

An you obviously can't be bothered to read my post, but hey you can't be expected to do that can you.

I stated that on the interviews they never gave any other reccomendations on how to produce power using renweable forms

I am aware that they do other things however it doesn't appear like they are that bothered when they appear on the news - which you would think would be the best place to get across their message.

Their idea of decentralized energy projects sounds good on paper but would be a logistical nightmare (considering who fits the bill etc) and no doubt the large energy providers would want a little word.

Permabanned
oweneades said:
An you obviously can't be bothered to read my post, but hey you can't be expected to do that can you.

I stated that on the interviews they never gave any other reccomendations on how to produce power using renweable forms

I am aware that they do other things however it doesn't appear like they are that bothered when they appear on the news - which you would think would be the best place to get across their message.

Their idea of decentralized energy projects sounds good on paper but would be a logistical nightmare (considering who fits the bill etc) and no doubt the large energy providers would want a little word.
Right, and they get to choose how the editor cuts the news stories, don't they?

No-one ever said switching to renewables was going to be easy.

Soldato
Roundup the Green peace members and plug them into a Matrix style power plant. If they go along with it fine they are doing their part, if they don't then they are phoneys for not REALLY wanting to help the environment :D

Back
Top Bottom