Why couldn't there be another tax for NHS / Emergency Services?

Soldato
Hey folks, have been wondering about this for a while, but why hasn't there been an option, for example, for a percentage of your monthly wages to go directly to Emergency service (NHS front line / Ambulance workers / Police / Firemen etc) ?

Lets just say it was 1% of your monthly wage, strictly and specifically to go to those departments, would that be feasible? I imagine there would be a few people who would say no, but just wondered why it would be so bad/difficult to implement?

Just a discussion point that's all...

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I think taxes just need to be shaken up.

I'd happily pay more tax if the system was fair and everyone else joined in, and the super rich couldn't avoid/evade it. And also if the tax was going to the right places, not being laundered to MP's friends etc. And the people got to have more of an input on where it went, or for it to be more transparent where it's going.

I always wonder how much would it cost to fix homelessness or something in the UK, and therefore how much it would cost each person. I reckon many things would actually be pretty cheap if we all clubbed together.

Soldato
Because it wouldn't be popular enough to implement.

Also, with you giving £100, the government bean counters who would ordinarily give £100 to the emergency services, would then use that £100 else where knowing you've made up for the shortfall. It would become a general tax.

Soldato
The last people you can trust with money is the government. Instead of giving them more we should be more insistent that the money we give them isn't squandered. This government in particular has ****** billions away to their feckless mates. They all do it of course, but it should be a hanging offence tbh

Man of Honour
I always wonder how much would it cost to fix homelessness or something in the UK, and therefore how much it would cost each person. I reckon many things would actually be pretty cheap if we all clubbed together.

Can't really fix homelessness with money the reasons run much deeper.

Caporegime
Hey folks, have been wondering about this for a while, but why hasn't there been an option, for example, for a percentage of your monthly wages to go directly to Emergency service (NHS front line / Ambulance workers / Police / Firemen etc) ?

Lets just say it was 1% of your monthly wage, strictly and specifically to go to those departments, would that be feasible? I imagine there would be a few people who would say no, but just wondered why it would be so bad/difficult to implement?

I'd rather not pay that extra 1% and just buy private medical insurance tbh.

So I would hope that you can opt out.

Caporegime

Isn't this what the Lib dem's proposed, a penny on the pound for the NHS?

Associate
i just dont understand the whole tax system.. it should just be one % for all regardless of what you earn.. and it would be 'fair' so person on 20k would pay les tax vs someone earning 40k/100k. .so these bands really p*** me off because the more hard work you do the more govt screws you.. in addition we have to pay council tax and NHS..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Our government can't be trusted simple as that. Outsourcing outside of the UK is not a better deal for government is criminal !

Soldato
i just dont understand the whole tax system.. it should just be one % for all regardless of what you earn.. and it would be 'fair' so person on 20k would pay les tax vs someone earning 40k/100k. .so these bands really p*** me off because the more hard work you do the more govt screws you.. in addition we have to pay council tax and NHS..
:confused:

People on the lowest income pay the lowest %. People on the highest income not only pay more (hur dur percentages), but the percentage band is higher to. What you are proposing is essentially a poll tax and we saw how that worked out :rolleyes:

Someone on 20k will pay 20% on 8k, or about £1600. Someone on 100k would pay 20% from 12.5k - 50k, and then 40%. Or about £27.5k tax. Over £100k you actually start to LOSE your tax free allowance, so that you get nothing tax free. Mega bucks, £150k+ and you are paying 45% with no tax free allowance.

I think your first statement is more correct than you could ever have imagined...

Our government can't be trusted simple as that. Outsourcing outside of the UK is not a better deal for government is criminal !
THEY TUK RRR JURRBBSSS

SPG

SPG

Soldato
:confused:

People on the lowest income pay the lowest %. People on the highest income not only pay more (hur dur percentages), but the percentage band is higher to. What you are proposing is essentially a poll tax and we saw how that worked out :rolleyes:

Someone on 20k will pay 20% on 8k, or about £1600. Someone on 100k would pay 20% from 12.5k - 50k, and then 40%. Or about £27.5k tax. Over £100k you actually start to LOSE your tax free allowance, so that you get nothing tax free. Mega bucks, £150k+ and you are paying 45% with no tax free allowance.

I think your first statement is more correct than you could ever have imagined...

THEY TUK RRR JURRBBSSS

No they take money out of the country which is never coming back. The city of London took the jobs but nice trolling.

Back
Top Bottom