Why did i even start with this idea!!! (help needed inside)

Associate
Why is it when i have a small idea which snowballs out of control. Bit of a story coming up.

In this case i was thinking about throwing together a cheap gaming server from old parts to host a maximum of 12 players on games such as COD 2which could maybe double up as a HTPC.

The parts i have available are an athlon 64 3000+, 1Gb BH5 ddr 3200 memory, DFI Lan party Nforce 4 motherboard & a good powersupply. Sadly i started doing a bit of research into how much it would cost to get a good matx board for this chip and they seem to come in at about £50.

I then started looking at a cheap Matx AMD Sempron 140 setup with a cheap motherboard and some second hand ddr2. I think i could source most parts for this for about £80 at a push.

Furthermore i those pesky mitx units caught my eye and the whole thing got me wondering, wait for it here comes the question after all that!!!

How would the parts i have compare to a sempron 140 1gb system and an atom system performance wise? Would it be significantly slower or would this not matter for the tasks i want it to do?

Please try not to laugh too loudly at me

Back
Top Bottom