Why Do I Have To Support Arsenal

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
so the people who have tried to get tickets but couldnt are not true supporters?

I wonder about those people who walk out of matches early when their team are doing poor are they proper supporters as well?

What about the fans who go to matches but when their team is doing bad they stop e.g. sunderland are they proper supporters as well?

Dont worry about it cem most of these people who go to matches like to think of themselves as special fans or something. There are many reasons why people cant get to matches but that doesnt matter does it

No, those are part time supporters, and they're a pet hate of mine, even worse are the ones who leave even when they're team's winning. And dont get me started on the (usually) women who spend £25(?) on a ticket, denying a proper fan a seat, then sit there chatting all the way, leave 5mins before half time to get a drink, and then leave 5 mins before the end..

Soldato
My opinion:

Those people who try to get to the games whenever they can, always take interest in what's going on, spend time and money supporting the club, buy the merchandise when they can afford it, and actively try and support the club, those are proper fans.

The ones who occasionally watch it when it's on, check the scores when they remember, and maybe chat about it at the pub, but think they're proper fans because they own a shirt, that's rubbish. They're armchair fans..

Yes, I do believe that those fans who go week in week out, whatever else is going on are better fans than any others, doesnt mean I dont respect people who dont.

Associate
Originally posted by Afterlife
you dont have to be a season ticket holder to be genuine supporter, just go to see the team on a regular basis. Your not supporting a team till your there in the flesh vocalling roaring them on.

Unfortuntely there seems to be a lot of arm chair supporters on here who think screaming at the tele classes as being a supporter :rolleyes:

Obviously thoughs that would be attending if it wasnt for more vital commitments like education have an excuse for not being there but the others dont. They ARE followers who admire a team. There is big difference.

The truth hurts.

Sorry, but that's a load of rubbish. I VERY rarely get to see Boro - Work, Geography, Family Life prevents me. I have seen them about 4 times in the last 2 years.

But does that make me less of a fan/supporter/follower call it what you will? Of course not. Supporting one team (ESPECIALLY Boro!) since I was a wee lad and got taken to Ayresome Park by my Dad and was captivated. Unable to speak due to the emotion of the Finals, crying with joy with the 4-0 drubbing of Wolves that took us up to the Premiership. THOSE are the marks of a true fan, not how much money you spend on merchandise or how many games you go to.

For what it's worth I get a new shirt every so often (as Errea are a REALLY bad manufacturer and the shirts tend to be very ppor quality) and I also have a Middlesbrough Credit Card - but even if I hadn;t got those I would be offended by someone who said to me "You;re not a true supporter as you haven't been to see them".

Permabanned
So you're only a proper supporter if you go to matches.. oh hang on, only if you go to all the matches.. oh unless you go to matches but you're not a 'proper fan' (usually a woman).. unless you go to all matches but leave early..

I think I've got it now ;)

Oh dear I'm not a proper supporter then. So sorry about that :rolleyes:

Soldato
No, let me clarify, there's three types of fan. There's the week in week out kinda fan, the get-there-when-i-can kinda fan, and the armchair fan.

If people are happy, then what does it matter which they are? I know I'm a week in week out, and I love that, so I'm happy. Are you happy with how you support your club?

Permabanned
Snobbery / superiority complex
sleepy.gif

Soldato
Obviously thoughs that would be attending if it wasnt for more vital commitments like education have an excuse for not being there but the others dont. They ARE followers who admire a team. There is big difference.

I actually think that seems to of covered a lot of people.

Its the people who can go but cant be arsed my tripe is at.

There's the week in week out kinda fan, the get-there-when-i-can kinda fan, and the armchair fan.

Right on.

My attendence means im physically supporting my football team with vocal support for the lads whenever is humanly can.

Andi is right, there are full time, part time and arm chair fans. Neither means your more special than other. But there is a difference, as this thread was begun for...........it COSTS.

Associate
Agree with whats been said about following your team etc. Im only a member but apply for every home game no matter what competition. But all this talk of buying merchandise :confused: I dont think having "Man Yoo Coffee Mugs" etc. makes you a proper fan somehow.

Soldato
Originally posted by Afterlife
Supporter
=======
someone who goes to watch their games at Stadiums, someone who puts money into the club and someone who likes the club no matter what.

Follower
======
someone who never goes to a game but watches them frequently on the tv and the likes the pretty football that they play.

This is Anus-Talk tbh.

Back
Top Bottom