Why do people feel the need to wear clothing with huge logos on them?

Soldato
Complete BS. Its just another gimmick to rinse you of your money.
Save me the boring stuff about hand crafted by Swiss expert artisans from over 50000000 pieces. Its just another illusion of wealth. Which is fine..... Id rather have a Work of art myself.
Luxury Watches are works of art :)

Associate
Its funny, a standard jumper 30 quid, but put a trendy large fruit of the loom logo on its and its 200 quid, and all the cool t-bones must wear them.

On a side note, i bought a baby cloth from china, and a few days later i saw the exact same one, but with a mothercare label on it. Price difference? 8x..

Soldato
Kalvin Klein underwear always made me laugh especially when worn out the top of the trousers on show to the world. You are wearing pants with another mans name on why would you want to show that off.....

Associate
Nothing wrong with designer clothes as the fit and quality is superior but I only buy the items that have one very small logo somewhere. Got to keep it classy.
Not always the case.
People really wealthy will be more likely to wear custom made, rather than designer. Same people who don't feel the need to show labels.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with designer clothes as the fit and quality is superior but I only buy the items that have one very small logo somewhere. Got to keep it classy.
Perfect example are scotch and soda jeans.

For years I used to struggle buying and wearing burtons own brand jeans. A few years ago it got to a point that they were breaking every few months.

switched to s&s jeans (think they’re £110 a pair the last time I purchased) and haven’t looked back. Perfect fitting and they last absolutely ages.

Man of Honour
This is my clothes hate summed up in a meme.
I might be sad but when I see somebody wearing a rock t-shirt and I'm 100% sure they just bought it out of Primark I'll ask what their favourite album is and normally get a blank look.

ramones.jpg

Soldato
Perfect example are scotch and soda jeans.

For years I used to struggle buying and wearing burtons own brand jeans. A few years ago it got to a point that they were breaking every few months.

switched to s&s jeans (think they’re £110 a pair the last time I purchased) and haven’t looked back. Perfect fitting and they last absolutely ages.

Might have to check those out. I seem to destroy jeans in the crotch area. Must have fat thighs! Levis seem to hold up better than most but again, maybe a year or so

Soldato
Might have to check those out. I seem to destroy jeans in the crotch area. Must have fat thighs! Levis seem to hold up better than most but again, maybe a year or so
I have about 5-6 pairs. And they’ve all lasted 2+ years. So they are built well.

I’ve not tried Levi’s to compare though !

Soldato
Complete BS. Its just another gimmick to rinse you of your money.
Save me the boring stuff about hand crafted by Swiss expert artisans from over 50000000 pieces. Its just another illusion of wealth. Which is fine..... Id rather have a Work of art myself.

‘You can reduce everything down to nothing if it’s not of interest to you. Art to many is a load of pretentious BS. What mature adults usually recognise is that they might not be interested in certain things but see the value it has to others because people have different interests .

Back
Top Bottom