Why i love being German

Soldato
To people who are posting about winning the war; I hope you're joking right?

The war was awful and we wouldn't have won (I hate to say it) if it weren't for the yanks. We were lacking terribly in resources and men. Its not as simple as ooh we fought the Germans and won. If you were there at the time you would realise it was a great struggle and a time of incredible uncertainty If Japan wasn't involved the US probably would have left us to it and we'd all be talking Deutsch now. Don't humiliate us Brits with the "who won the war" crap, its just childish and displays incredible lack of knowledge and respect on the issue.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:

The war was awful and we wouldn't have won (I hate to say it) if it weren't for the yanks. We were lacking terribly in resources and men. Its not as simple as ooh we fought the Germans and won. If you were there at the time you would realise it was a great struggle and a time of incredible uncertainty If Japan wasn't involved the US probably would have left us to it and we'd all be talking Deutsch now. Don't humiliate us Brits with the "who won the war" crap, its just childish and displays incredible lack of knowledge and respect on the issue.
thank you, that what i was thinking, i cant believe how many people forget the canadians and russians tho.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:

This shows a lack of historical knowledge. And just outta interest, were you there at the time?

Edit: Oh, I'm not disputing we would've won the war without the americans etc, just some more of the finer details, i'm being pedantic more than anything else :D

Soldato
ElRazur said:
That's so unfair! It is like having Lennox lewis about to knock tyson out, then hulk hogan, bruce lee, jackie chan, terminator...all join in the fight to knock out lewis :( Not fair... :o :D

Man, the money i would pay to see this. :D

As long as Chuck Norris is in the mix, obviously.

axe

axe

Suspended
Captain Planet said:

if america didnt come in to the war no one knows what would have happend .. oh wait you do .... and by the way can you hook me up with next weeks lotto numbers

Caporegime
What is it with these threads tonight? An English one, French and now German :confused:

I'm voting for English one!!

I was going to sneak in a little joke aswell but it might be a bit distasteful :(

And how come the English and French threads get closed while the worst out of the three stays open :confused:

Soldato
KizZ said:
lol2jc.jpg

Lol. That picture is the perfect representation of England underwater actually, you win! :D

Soldato
Captain Planet said:

Lets not forget Hitler's stupidity when he decided 'Hey i've got an Idea, lets invade Russia!' That was a major problem for the Germans.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
Lets not forget Hitler's stupidity when he decided 'Hey i've got an Idea, lets invade Russia!' That was a major problem for the Germans.

More of a case of "Hey, let's ignore my experts and lauch the attack a few months too late". It was probably a good thing for history that Hitler wasn't a military genuis as well as being the rather good politician he was.

Back
Top Bottom