Why i love being German

Soldato
G-MAN2004 said:
What is it with these threads tonight? An English one, French and now German :confused:

I'm voting for English one!!

I was going to sneak in a little joke aswell but it might be a bit distasteful :(

And how come the English and French threads get closed while the worst out of the three stays open :confused:

Have you studied anything about the war? Did you know we were so under-equipped and stretched that we were literally driving ice-cream vans into battle. Nearly all our equipment was being provided by women workers (something almost unheard of) becuase all our men were either at war/dead. I think you should read a little more before trying to undermine my comments. I'm not trying to insult anyone I'm just trying to highlight to people that it wasn't a case of the "great" empire, swooping into battle and wiping out the opposition. The Germans were a much better force, better eqipped and much better organised.

Interestingly I read that Hitler had his scientists develop the drug Speed to fuel his troops without sleep or food! I dont know how true that is but it's pretty disturbing.

Soldato
suicidle_tramp said:
Why I love being English:

• I'm not German.
^^ win

Well actually...

Why I love being English:

• I'm not German,
  • or French.

But that's for another thread altogether.... :D

Captain Planet said:
Have you studied anything about the war? Did you know we were so under-equipped and stretched that we were literally driving ice-cream vans into battle. Nearly all our equipment was being provided by women workers (something almost unheard of) because all our men were either at war/dead. I think you should read a little more before trying to undermine my comments. I'm not trying to insult anyone I'm just trying to highlight to people that it wasn't a case of the "great" empire, swooping into battle and wiping out the opposition. The Germans were a much better force, better eqipped and much better organised.

Interestingly I read that Hitler had his scientists develop the drug Speed to fuel his troops without sleep or food! I dont know how true that is but it's pretty disturbing.
Yes, but with the help of our allies we still prevailed. Germany would never have got as far as they did if it was not for their own allies. Thats why the entire "we won the war" argument is null and void because on our own (ie England vs Germany) it would have been a totally different war.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Captain Planet said:
Have you studied anything about the war? Did you know we were so under-equipped and stretched that we were literally driving ice-cream vans into battle. Nearly all our equipment was being provided by women workers (something almost unheard of) becuase all our men were either at war/dead. I think you should read a little more before trying to undermine my comments. I'm not trying to insult anyone I'm just trying to highlight to people that it wasn't a case of the "great" empire, swooping into battle and wiping out the opposition. The Germans were a much better force, better eqipped and much better organised.

is it me or has someone not read my post properly? I don't seem to recall anything in my post that has anything to do with the war :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
I like being English because:

-We once ruled 1/4 of the world
-We have beaten you lot twice in wars (and I do mean us the English... Battle of Britain, cracking Enigma machine etc.)
-Our language is far nicer to listen to than German and spoken by more people internationally.
-Our Navy, airforce and army are still far superior to the Germans (and most of Europe in fact).
-Oh and we have a better football, rugby and cricket team.

Last edited:
Caporegime
lucasade1 said:
I like being English because:

-We once ruled 1/4 of the world
-We have beaten you lot twice in wars (and I do mean us the English... Battle of Britain, cracking Enigma machine etc.)
-Our language is far nicer to listen to than German and spoken by more people internationally.
-Our Navy, airforce and army are still far superior to the Germans (and most of Europe in fact).
-Oh and we have a better football, rugby and cricket team.

I was about to post something along the lines of some of them but i get 'Captain Know it all' spurting out his knowledge at me :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Captain Planet said:
To people who are posting about winning the war; I hope you're joking right?

The war was awful and we wouldn't have won (I hate to say it) if it weren't for the yanks. We were lacking terribly in resources and men. Its not as simple as ooh we fought the Germans and won. If you were there at the time you would realise it was a great struggle and a time of incredible uncertainty If Japan wasn't involved the US probably would have left us to it and we'd all be talking Deutsch now. Don't humiliate us Brits with the "who won the war" crap, its just childish and displays incredible lack of knowledge and respect on the issue.

If I remember the US entered the war when the germans sunk their merchant ships, not because of the Japanese. If the Germany hadnt had its allies it wouldnt have gotten anywhere either.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
To people who are posting about winning the war; I hope you're joking right?

The war was awful and we wouldn't have won (I hate to say it) if it weren't for the yanks. We were lacking terribly in resources and men. Its not as simple as ooh we fought the Germans and won. If you were there at the time you would realise it was a great struggle and a time of incredible uncertainty If Japan wasn't involved the US probably would have left us to it and we'd all be talking Deutsch now. Don't humiliate us Brits with the "who won the war" crap, its just childish and displays incredible lack of knowledge and respect on the issue.

What's disrespectful is the glorification of the American help. Yes they did help, so did all the countries that fought against the Axis. How can you attribute the outcome of the war solely to the Americans? It's disgraceful to all the soldiers that fought and died for their countries.

Captain Planet said:

You where lucky to have ice cream vans, at least this way you could play a nice song while guns are firing left and right. You know how troops where placed in the northern Greek boarders? By foot, because there where no cars that could go in the harsh terrain and the freezing temperatures. Men where fighting while women made clothes, food and ammunition for the men. The Germans had a much greater army, a better equipped army, they invaded us along with the armies of three countries, yet they lost. This thread is, obviously, just a joke, but to make such comments is just lame.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tbh i think this thread should be closed before it gets too personal between nationalities. First it was how great the country was, then it was football teams and now war and ice cream vans :confused:

Soldato
tang0 said:
Sorry but since when did germany have a good football team, let alone the nice women ..

Couldn't care less about the football teams but I will have correct you about the women, I have first hand knowledge of at least 1 who is gorgous!

Soldato
Killerkebab said:
So friendly they decide to mention the war as many times as possible in a light hearted thread someone creates about his country.

I was thinking that as I read through. They remind me of all the idiots who insist on taunting and attacking my students purely because they're not English. Whenever we take them anywhere there are always people shouting about who won the war, even when the students are Russian, Spanish, Italian, Polish etc. It doesnt matter who they are WE still kicked the arse in the war apparently :( :(

We English are very far from most friendly. I've travelled a fair bit and have to say the English can be one of the most hateful societies going.

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
to all of the people stating that England has a better military:

sure, the TA might be trained better, but when i comes to combat, the Germans would have us beat, because while the nice SA80A2's that the MoD insists are the best assault rifles in the world, they'd still fail and grind to a halt.

whereas, the german G36 rifles are nearly impervious to fault.

i'm stating this from a purely unbaised Point of view. i don't like England and i've never been to Germany.

Soldato
Aod said:
sure, the TA might be trained better, but when i comes to combat, the Germans would have us beat, because while the nice SA80A2's that the MoD insists are the best assault rifles in the world, they'd still fail and grind to a halt.

Didn't H&K have to fix the SA80 rifles at one point?

yak.h'cir said:
I was thinking that as I read through. They remind me of all the idiots who insist on taunting and attacking my students purely because they're not English. Whenever we take them anywhere there are always people shouting about who won the war, even when the students are Russian, Spanish, Italian, Polish etc. It doesnt matter who they are WE still kicked the arse in the war apparently :( :(

We English are very far from most friendly. I've travelled a fair bit and have to say the English can be one of the most hateful societies going.

Starting school in England the first time got annoying with the other children.

Starting school in England the second time in a totally different area was even worse with my accent, "we saved your ass twice", "you surrendered to the germans", and every other military conflict since the dawn of time in which people both sides of the channel were involved.

Not even the Americans show this much importance to their military history, and that is saying quite a lot :/

Back
Top Bottom