Why i love being German

Permabanned
Killerkebab said:
Didn't H&K have to fix the SA80 rifles at one point?

they did, but there are other problems - such as not working in hot conditions like in Iraq as the metal inside melts. Also it weighs too much. Overall, it's a joke.

Permabanned
Germany has a terrible future
http://www.forbes.com/home_asia/free_forbes/2005/0131/037.html

"Germany's acute sense of failure and unhappiness. This is a collective psychological depression that effectively prevents Germany from taking action to remedy its ills. The Germans agree they're in a mess, and many see the obvious way out. The country needs to make the kinds of structural changes in its economy that Prime Minister Thatcher carried out in Britian 20 years ago, changes that have completely transformed the performance and expectations of the British people. But though most Germans know this, they lack the will--and, of course, the leadership--to carry it out. They stay inert, supine, transfixed by fear and angst, paralyzed by the thought of painful adjustments in their safety-first society--and thus coast toward a disaster comparable to Hitlerism."

Permabanned
pyro said:
What's disrespectful is the glorification of the American help. Yes they did help, so did all the countries that fought against the Axis. How can you attribute the outcome of the war solely to the Americans? It's disgraceful to all the soldiers that fought and died for their countries.

Because we would have lost if the Americans didn't interfere? Doesn' mean they did all the work. You don't really understand what he said, do you?

Permabanned
Energize said:
If I remember the US entered the war when the germans sunk their merchant ships, not because of the Japanese. If the Germany hadnt had its allies it wouldnt have gotten anywhere either.

The main reason the yanks joined the war was the flagging enconomy, the let themselves get attacked then joined the war, its being going on since 1941 to 2006, the USA killing it owns for power.

You might love being German but your grandfathers sent my grandfather to Japan as a POW, now is that somthing to have in your scrapbook.

I like Warsteiner, thats about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love it when a plan comes together!

I'll go with Mark Twain: "German humour is no laughing matter"

The only nation to be held in distain by almost all of the rest of Europe. (get that towel off my sun bed!!!)

/pokes stick into hornet nest

Soldato
From what I know of visiting the place, they are actually a very friendly and polite people in my experience, despite their unhealthy preoccupation with sausages ;)

Permabanned
Killerkebab said:
Didn't H&K have to fix the SA80 rifles at one point?

Starting school in England the first time got annoying with the other children.

Starting school in England the second time in a totally different area was even worse with my accent, "we saved your ass twice", "you surrendered to the germans", and every other military conflict since the dawn of time in which people both sides of the channel were involved.

Not even the Americans show this much importance to their military history, and that is saying quite a lot :/

England's ass was saved by the English Channel and North Sea of course :) It embarrasses me when some of my compatriots forget this fact and instead think it was because of some military or moral superiority we have over the French. I think the arrogant 'we won the war' type comments from Englishmen are indeed just as bad or worse as what some Americans say.

As for the Germans, I also think they are a nice friendly people :)

Soldato
Killerkebab said:
So friendly they decide to mention the war as many times as possible in a light hearted thread someone creates about his country.

I was joking you frog! :p

Zinath said:
Because we would have lost if the Americans didn't interfere? Doesn' mean they did all the work. You don't really understand what he said, do you?

Go and read what he said then come back and post :)

Soldato
I think the Germans are splendid, I think Germany is splendid they are only surpassed by the Dutch in friendliness. :)

As to the who would kick each other's arse in a war. Germany would spank us, wars are nothing to do with equipment or skill of units. They are to do with size and steel. Germany has retained it's heavy industry, we havn't we have instead traded it for Slough and a load of offices, we would get spanked so hard. :D

Last edited:
Suspended
ugly12.jpg

lager.jpg

fat2.jpg

Come on Jerry, whats not to like?

Soldato
cheets64 said:
You might love being German but your grandfathers sent my grandfather to Japan as a POW, now is that somthing to have in your scrapbook.

:rolleyes: So that's his fault, is it? I'm pretty fed up with people dragging up the war as an excuse to bash the Germans of today. Yes, the Nazi regime and Holocaust were terrible things, but they don't prove that German people are intrinsically any different to any other nationality. A lot of the support for the Nazi regime was due to the humiliation Germans felt at the Versailles Treaty - and whose fault was that?

When I've been to Germany I've found the Germans very pleasant and accommodating - far nicer than I've observed English people be when foreigners visit us. And as for the language issue - being pretty much the only country in Europe to be almost totally monolingual is nothing to be proud of, however fantastic you think English is.

Soldato
Aod said:
but when i comes to combat, the Germans would have us beat, because while the nice SA80A2's that the MoD insists are the best assault rifles in the world, they'd still fail and grind to a halt.

whereas, the german G36 rifles are nearly impervious to fault.
Nah, SAS>GSG9 tbh.

The SA80A2's aren't bad, but they're A1s which HK upgraded at £400 a piece. G36s are good, but they aren't much better overall. Bring back the G11 tbh ;).

Soldato
lucasade1 said:
I like being English because:

-We once ruled 1/4 of the world
-We have beaten you lot twice in wars (and I do mean us the English... Battle of Britain, cracking Enigma machine etc.)
-Our language is far nicer to listen to than German and spoken by more people internationally.
-Our Navy, airforce and army are still far superior to the Germans (and most of Europe in fact).
-Oh and we have a better football, rugby and cricket team.

**bangs head off Table**
The english at no point have rules over 1/4 of the world THE BRITISH DID!
The English did not beat Germany twice in any conflict, no you do not mean you the English, yet again you mean the BRITISH! Countless Scots and Welsh also fought and died in the conflict! **sigh**
That is why Scots have a tendancy to dislike a lot of English, because of things like that.

Back
Top Bottom