Why not maybe i miised the answer. Or there aint one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Do people not understand what pms are?

Work it out you pra*ts, i am fed up hand holding.

Oh please don't do pms i don't know what they are.

Good night untill tommorrow.

do you understand pms?

YOu have to be logged into to see them.

if he hasn't logged in he wont have seen them...

Caporegime
I must admit I do prefer pm's from an organisational point of view, having emails instead of pm's coming from all forums I frequent would to be like using your bookmarks page to keep track of all your friends facebook profiles instead of using the websites own system, it works ok for a few but when there's many it becomes a total mess. Saying that it's not a huge loss.

Caporegime
Easier how?

Login to email, Send email. Recieve Email.

Click on PMs, Send PM, Recieve PM.

Doesn't seem overly different

PM's are used at all major OC'ing and PC forums, they make communicating on the forum much quicker and easier than email and make a single point of contact. However for buying and selling they have the added disadvantage of:

a) Having a limited space. When PM box is full you can send no more to the recipient. No use if someone can't be arsed to clear out their PM's and you need to contact them urgently.

b) If someone doesnt log onto the forum then they don't read them... they are easy to avoid.

However the fact is OCUK will not activate them due to the "zomgcompetitor" paranoia, so moremoney you need to use email, period.

Soldato
PM's would be useful for the Members Market side of things. Keeping everything in one location so all correspondance is available should a deal go wrong. It's also good for 'reminding' a MM user that they have to post the item, etc. especially if the message is from a mod.

As I've had in the past my e-mail is not the most reliable of things - the amount of downtime I see on it on a daily basis is a pain.

The downside of PM implementation is the spam that would be received the competitor issue and also the massive web-space that would be needed to implement it.

Sadly the OP has gone the wrong way about asking for it. Though I always check mail before coming on to the site (if it's up!)

M.

Man of Honour
I will on Wednesday,,,, if things don't get resolved, which is well long enough to sort an MM enquiry. cough cough.

If you have a problem email an MM mod - or if you have any other problem on the forum email a mod. If you want to take it into your own hands without our assistance then please go ahead - however don't start a thread about it.

In this day and age if you find email unreliable I suggest you re-evaluate your online prescence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom