Why the iPhone is better than the desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Personally i despise any company that tells me to buy their product but yet makes sure that its locked down to how THEY want you to use it a la Apple.

The Xbox gamertag in your sig suggests otherwise. :)

iPhone = console gaming.
Android = PC gaming.

There's plenty of people who enjoy both. Viva le difference.

Caporegime
Apple released the original iphone 3 years ago as their first attempt at a mobile phone, yes it had flaws, some of which they have addressed with the 3g and 3gs, they will no doubt continue to update their phones in exactly the same manner other manufacturers do..... by releasing another model. Do HTC get hate for releasing newer and better models of phone? and they do it far more frequently than Apple, how many iphone beaters have they released in the past year?

But they were different phones entirely from HTC, not just the same phone with a couple of 'new' features tacked on. And that is my point, and the point of many who have a problem with Apple. None of the features that the iPhone 4G is rumoured to have could not have been implemented in the original iPhone if they had priced it a little more fairly. Of course, there is always the argument that you don't need to buy it, but that doesn't stop the Apple brigade shoving it down your throat as the best phone ever since two tins and a piece of string.

I'm no fanboy either. I make my choices based on facts and which gadget is best suited for me. It just so happens that the Desire is everything I want.

Soldato
Yet you sound just as bad with your reply, because you don't counteract what he's said with your views/evidence.

No need to counter what he's said - its blatent fanboy derived drivel, and enough people have already highlighted his errors.
Its much like re affirming that water is wet. We all know it, and enough people have already noticed.

That being said, the OCUK forum does seem a little low on people with brains of late so just in case you arent aware - water is wet, and the OP is a deluded fanboy.

Soldato
LOL well then i give up in all honesty...if you cant understand the simple concept of an open operating system then there really no point in me going over it again and again.

Plenty of things already listed in this thread that quite clearly show that apple want you to use the iphone the way they want you to.

I get so confused reading this time and time again (not just from you). Everyone knows what you can and can't do with iPhone OS- if you're not happy with it, then don't buy the phone, isn't that pretty simple? It's not like they're forcing you to buy the iPhone and leave you hanging, dictating what you can and can't do. What on earth is wrong with a manufacturer intending its own device to be used in ways that they designed?

Associate
I have a Nexus but must admit that the iPhone is better. I ran out of beer the other night and my Nexus wouldn't pop to the off-licence to fetch some for me. My old iPhone always popped to the shops when I asked...............honest.

What a complete load of kak.

Soldato
I like tinkering, customising etc. and so if I could afford I'd get a HTC. As it is I have a 2G iphone and use it as a basic email and music device and it works fine.

My dad and his other half in their 50's couldn't careless about installing vlc on their phone and ssh into it to do whatever. They want a phone they can plug in, press 1 button press and they are good to go.

These companies are providing for different types who have different requirements, there is no best phone, there is only best for your own desires/requirements. People saying the iphone is rubbish are just as bad as the people saying the iphone is the best thing ever made.

If Apple were forcing people to buy their products I could understand these types of posts but they aren't. If you don't want an iphone don't buy one. If you want a HTC fine, buy one. These smartphones are all very good at what they do and the competition is good for us consumers.

Caporegime
I get so confused reading this time and time again (not just from you). Everyone knows what you can and can't do with iPhone OS- if you're not happy with it, then don't buy the phone, isn't that pretty simple? It's not like they're forcing you to buy the iPhone and leave you hanging, dictating what you can and can't do. What on earth is wrong with a manufacturer intending its own device to be used in ways that they designed?

Nothing with that at all:confused: but in case you missed it Skippi said this earlier and sums up how i feel...

skippi90 said:
Of course, there is always the argument that you don't need to buy it, but that doesn't stop the Apple brigade shoving it down your throat as the best phone ever since two tins and a piece of string.

Point proven by the OP, who seems to have done a sterling job of trolling btw...guess hes ran back to the Apple subforum where he belongs with the rest of the apple fanboi's:p

Associate
An appropriate time to say I hate Apple? Always.

I've read this thread and caressed my Desire quite sexually during the course of my reading as it behaves superbly and I'm 100% happy with it. Its clearly better than the iPhone bar the apps situation but that's to be expected for a while yet.

Caporegime
Desire is a good phone.

Iphone is a good phone.

The reason there both good phones is there is good competition. Without either they would both be rubbish.

Stop bickering and making rubbish threads like these.

Soldato
The main things I do on my phone are make calls, send texts and browse the web.

That is why I am happy with my iphone 3GS. Because although I hate how it is locked down I don't really need that many apps.

But I hate having to use itunes etc.

Overall it isn't perfect but neither is Android. However Android has much more potential. My next phone will be Android.

Soldato
£200 BIN ebay comment probably means he doesn't have it.

What kind of person would sell it for £100+ less than what they can get for it.

Soldato
Sorry - really haven't got the time to waste reading through 4 pages of this.
Think I can sum up my opinion on the thread title.

LOL

There really is nothing about the 12 month+ old technology of the iPhone that beats the Desire.
I mean that as somebody who is surrounded by iPhones all day at work and personally own a Desire.
The iPhone cannot touch it.

Soldato
Sorry - really haven't got the time to waste reading through 4 pages of this.
Think I can sum up my opinion on the thread title.

LOL

There really is nothing about the 12 month+ old technology of the iPhone that beats the Desire.
I mean that as somebody who is surrounded by iPhones all day at work and personally own a Desire.
The iPhone cannot touch it.

And do all those people with iphones use the wifi at work whilst you are unable to because Android has no native options for HTTP proxy settings? ;)

Gangster
Associate
OP
LOL at the people who think I don't have the Desire.

6s71tw.png

WHY would I lie about having a cheap rubbish phone like the Desire?

Phone now listed on Gumtree for £200, need to get rid of this POS and put money towards the iPhone 4G.
To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.

Associate

http://i40.tinypic.com/6s71tw.png[IMG]

Phone now listed on Gumtree for £200, need to get rid of this POS and put money towards the iPhone 4G.
To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.[/QUOTE]

God, I never knew fanboys like you existed. Open your eyes. Why are you unable to see a newer phone is better than your overpriced outdated iPhone?

Associate
Iphone better than Desire ?

I have absolutley no idea. Neither do I care. I went from a 6310 to Desire :D

18 months @£25 pm. £35 cashback. free phone

If the Iphone is better than that, it really must be a piece of work.

Caporegime

http://i40.tinypic.com/6s71tw.png[IMG]

To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.[/QUOTE]

All that proves is that you really are clueless.

If I hadn't already ordered mine, I'd buy it.

Soldato
God, I never knew fanboys like you existed. Open your eyes. Why are you unable to see a newer phone is better than your overpriced outdated iPhone?

Pitiful isn't it. Amazing the brainwashing effect Apple can have on impressionable children / clueless adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom