Why the iPhone is better than the desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
LOL at the people who think I don't have the Desire.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6s71tw.png[/*MG]

WHY would I lie about having a cheap rubbish phone like the Desire?

Phone now listed on Gumtree for £200, need to get rid of this POS and put money towards the iPhone 4G.
To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you said ebay. I've been waiting for the listing. I'll even pay £250.

Caporegime

6s71tw.png

Phone now listed on Gumtree for £200, need to get rid of this POS and put money towards the iPhone 4G.
To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.

LOL can someone ban this foolish itroll for a start??...£200 isnt going to get you very far with the iphone 4G as it will be majorly overpriced like all apple products usually are.

Still beats me why he would sell it for £200 when it sells for a lot higher than that.

Btw your full of it when you say its on gumtree...i dont see any listing for £200 for a Desire...stop making yourself look like more of an foolish iphag than you are.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, the OP was brave enough to post this in the apple section.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15888472&postcount=7

The first day I bought my Alu MacBook i put W7 on it. Snow Leopard is the worst OS I have ever used.

Also £47 is not a bargain when AppleCare comes FREE with HE discount. haha

He annoyed the apple fanboys a lot.

get out of the subsection, sell you macbook, go to ****.com for its replacement. Product is wasted on you.

Would be harsh to call him an itroll.

Soldato
And do all those people with iphones use the wifi at work whilst you are unable to because Android has no native options for HTTP proxy settings? ;)

Ummmm - I connect to our Wi-Fi at work.
Our Wi-Fi is totally seperate to the rest of our network - you require OpenVPN to go from our Wireless to our main network.

So I just connect and use the work Wi-Fi connection all day long.
Not saying the iphone users can't do that too - but I get to do things in style and on modern hardware.

Soldato
To be fair to the original poster, an iphone would probably be a better choice if you want something that works straight away with no fiddling...

I guess the HTC is better for someone who doesn't mind having to tweak it a little to get it to work well. I'd go for the HTC myself, mainly because the the iPhone doesn't have a flash. Even my 3 year old N82 has a flash so an iPhone would be a backwards step for me...

+1

I've owned the HTC Excalibur for three years now and flashed it with cooked roms to get an unbeatable phone. Touch screens have phased it out now but it's stull pretty kick ass.

In all fairness, as much as I hate Apple, I got to take my hat off to them for the iPod and iPhone. Don't knock them till you've used them, they are insanely easy to use and extremely fast.

Most HTC phones need modding/tweaking but end up superior once you get your optimized setup (even if you usually end up accepting minor bugs along with it).

This is a pretty good comparison video for web browsing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
till beats me why he would sell it for £200 when it sells for a lot higher than that.

Indeed. If he needs to sell it to 'put money towards' a new phone, ie he is saving up, he probably isn't so loaded he can afford to throw away over £100 in value by selling it for loads less than its worth..

Associate

To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.

Hi I buy it off you. Please emailed me at my trust email !

Last edited:
Associate
Desire is a good phone.

Iphone is a good phone.

The reason there both good phones is there is good competition. Without either they would both be rubbish.

Stop bickering and making rubbish threads like these.

Another reply to Begbie's comment.

The competition angle is very important. Apple are inherently conservative with adding features. They have done it both because they are trying to add only good features (by their high UI standards, which is good) but also because they are looking to maintain a revenue stream for years to come.

Without quality competition then there will only be small, incremental updates to the iPhone like there was between 3g and 3gs. If the leaked phone is representative, and not a now-rejected prototype, then there is going to be a bit of a change. The screen resolution is going to be higher, because the competition has it, and perhaps the phone will be faster, but only because the competition is.

iphone fans should be begging for good phones to be released in competition to the iphone to keep Apple on its toes so they aim higher for the next release of the iphone.

This all applies the other way too. Apple is the standard as the consumer understands it, but as always good competition is required to prevent them gaining a monopoly and resting on their laurels.

Associate
Well I for one can't wait until the OP is old enopuh to get himself a paper round and save up the hard earned cash to get an Iphone 4G. Then we can look forward to a warts and all, no holds barred and completely objective review of that!

Associate
To OP, I'll take the Desire off your for £200. Please emailed me at my trust. I hope you provide a receipt for warranty purpose. Once I bought it, I can test the phone to see if it has the faults you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom