Why the iPhone is better than the desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I don't know how many people is queing but I just hope he will picked me to sell the phone to :D

The OP is full of the brown smelly stuff...until he links to his ad on gumtree...i wont believe a single word he says....i find it very hard to believe thats hes going to sell a near £400 phone for £200...i sincerely hopes he doesnt run a business as he quite clearly has no clue:p

Soldato
No idea where ppl think the Desire cannot multi-task.

I have just sat and transferred a bunch of files via Wi-Fi from PC to Desire using the an Android file explorer on the phone. Went back to home page and done loads of other things on the phone and it continues to transfer the files in the background.

If I want to go back to the file explorer, I press and hold the HOME button and select the program in the pop-up.

I can even check on the progress of the transfer WITHOUT going back to the program by pulling the notification bar down.

If this aint multi-tasking then I dont know what is.

Associate
:confused: really i have to admit i havent read most of the thread but i havent seen anyone say the Desire cant multi task...only device in this thread that cannot multi task and we all know which one that is:p

BF Bert has been implying something for a couple of weeks though it wasn't clear exactly what. I had assumed that what he meant was that you can't have two apps open on the same window doing stuff and that Android actually does a lot of state-saving just like iphone 4.0 is planning to.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
android.png

Now let's see an Apple wave dammit!

Also, the camera quality part of the op made me LOL, Quite how he or she decided that the camera quality was poor is amazing. The video quality alone is very very good and high resolution with 720p support coming (DivX included).

Associate
BF Bert has been implying something for a couple of weeks though it wasn't clear exactly what. I had assumed that what he meant was that you can't have two apps open on the same window doing stuff and that Android actually does a lot of state-saving just like iphone 4.0 is planning to.

Most android apps don't multitask and do use a save state, Android does multitask in that it will create a service that runs separate from the application. The service then uses a spare system resources that the foreground app doesn't require. In practice it works very well if the app is written well but badly written apps can close but leave the service running in the background.

What you have done by downloading files by wifi while using other apps can also be done on iphone. It will quite happily download apps or from the net while you use other apps. What the iphone doesn't do is allow 3rd party apps to "multitask".

Android and Apple have just gone about multitasking in different ways..... both with a view to minimise power use. I suspect once Apples OS4 is released it will be less effective than Androids multitasking but in a totally practical sense true multitasking isn't required very much on a mobile phone.

Soldato
Happy with my hero - I like the gmail client, like how it takes pictures from faecbook for my contacts and my google calendar pops up event reminders on the phone too - guess that should be expected.

GPS is very good with google maps - just need to have signal like everything else. I did hear someone say iPhone did better with locating via hotspots / masts. As even the iPhone was 2 streets out I guess you didn't have a GPS lock on either phone.

Not seen any clear blue water between it and iPhone's I've tried to be honest, quite keen to try and iPad when they come out here though - think I could get on with the format. If iPhone was a little more reasonable in price I would probably have looked at one instead as the market leader is usually better supported - but it wasn't worth the extra cash for stuff I'm not really all that interested in.

Zom

Zom

Associate
To be honest, I don't really need to upgrade to 4G as the 3GS is still the best phone out there.
1. The 4G isn't out yet so you can't upgrade to it yet.
2. When the 4G comes out it will (almost certainly) be better than the 3GS.

So what the hell was the point in that sentence?

Caporegime
This is a pretty good comparison video for web browsing.

That's an interesting video, it seems the HD2 loads the entire page before displaying whereas the other two seem to display as they download (the HD2 seems blank for ages then loads fully in almost exactly the same time as the other two finish loading fully).

It also shows the superiority of tap to zoom, a quick double tap and the HD2's webpage is in exactly the spot the bloke wants, the other two take ages of fiddling to do the same.:D

Soldato
Why are iPhone users so insecure that they feel the need to rush to defend their beloved handset when a new device is released? If you like your iPhone that's great. Why the need to rubbish anything that isn't your iPhone?
Child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom