Whys my HL2 folder 9gb?

Soldato
9gigwtf.jpg

wtf tbh

anyone any idea wtf is making HL2 9gb?

hl2apps.jpg

theres a file tree size assessment...steam apps :confused:

i should only have HL2 and CSS installed, so why are they so big....could it be a case of a previous install not being removed? or is HL2 just always this big :confused:

Associate
Mines 9.5, with HL2, CSS, HL (with everything else that comes with it, DoD, etc...), with darwinia and the rad doll kung foo demo, no that bad considering

Associate
Dont forget even though you only have those games installed a lot of the other games that run through Steam will be pre-installed so they take up a hell of a lot of run in the GCF files. (you just need to purchase and unlock them)

Plus depends on maps / sound files / etc.

I think I have 1.5 - 2 Gb of just maps in CSS so thats not actually that big of a file tbh.

So the only difference is those people who play the other games will have small amounts of custom data aswell as the GCF files that everyone has (maps etc).

Soldato
That's a bit odd. I've got HL2, DoD:S, HL1 and a whole bunch of mods for it (CS, CZ, DoD, TFC), plus the latest Minerva episode, and all that only clocks up to 6.59 gigs. :confused:

Maybe you've got some leftover .gcf files from previous Steam games you've had installed?

Back
Top Bottom