** Widescreen TFT Monitors Due 2005/06 **

Associate
WMain00 said:
Where you getting that from? Overclockers sells at £387 including VAT! That's not an extra £30. :eek:

EDIT: Ahh, wait. You're referring to the Belinia aren't you? Nevermind.

No not the Belnia. the Dell for £327inc VAT. It's not at OcUK no, but it can be found quite easilly. It only has a 3 year warrenty unlike OcUK's 4 year warrenty though.

Caporegime
PieEater said:
I was told by Viewsonic that it would be March.

You're bloomin kidding me... that's ages!

Hmm maybe the 8ms version, the Viewsonic VA2012w could be a better buy? That is now listed in stores... though I have yet to find it in stock anywhere...

Associate
I've heard that the viewsonic VX2022W will only have 300:1 constrast. Is this true, hence the hitting the pre-£400 mark?

Done a little googling and found a few sites also show this?

Can anyone confirm this, as I'm looking to get one of these for my birthday in spring :)

-King

Associate
Heartless_King said:
I've heard that the viewsonic VX2022W will only have 300:1 constrast. Is this true, hence the hitting the pre-£400 mark?

What would be the effect of this contrast ratio on the Viewsonic screen? Is this a really bad thing?

Man of Honour
Barghest said:
What would be the effect of this contrast ratio on the Viewsonic screen? Is this a really bad thing?

contrast ratio is the difference between the darkest black and the brightest white. the higher the contrast ratio the better. tbh i would be very surprised if Viewsonic release the model with such a low response time, even modern TN Film panels can manage 700:1 quoted response time, more like 500:1 in real terms, but still a hell of a lot better than a quoted 300:1! we will see, but it sounds a very odd figure to me by modern standards

Associate
Baddass said:
contrast ratio is the difference between the darkest black and the brightest white. the higher the contrast ratio the better. tbh i would be very surprised if Viewsonic release the model with such a low response time, even modern TN Film panels can manage 700:1 quoted response time, more like 500:1 in real terms, but still a hell of a lot better than a quoted 300:1! we will see, but it sounds a very odd figure to me by modern standards

The Viewsonic VA1912W is a 500:1 contrast ratio. Is that good, bad or indifferent?

Soldato
WMain00 said:
The Viewsonic VA1912W is a 500:1 contrast ratio. Is that good, bad or indifferent?

Id go for better tbh, if you want the best image quality possible.

Thinking about saving up for the Eizo myself, 1000:1 contract ratio - 100% no backlight leakage, just expensive.

Im gonna wait to see what the viewsonic and the updated dell 20 and24" screens look like first though.

Associate
Problem is i can't particularly wait around because this CRT monitor is slowly packing in. Some days it's screen turns to green then goes back to normal, some nights it makes a horrible loud cracking noise. I don't know how long it will last.

I'd like to get a widescreen monitor, and i've got countless suggestions, ranging from going for the Viewsonic VA1912, the Dell 2005FPW, the Acer one. I'm confused.

Back
Top Bottom