Viewsonic 20” VX2022W
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Response Time: 3ms (GTG)
Contrast Ratio: 800:1
Brightness: 300cd/m2
RRP: NT$ 18,900 (approximately 322 GBP)
UK Price: ~ £375 EST
Availability: February 2006

So the Viewsonic 3ms 20.1" with the contrast ratio of 800:1 is pretty good right?

Permabanned
Looking at the specs I really like the sound of the Viewsonic 20” VX2022W. I think it could be the monitor to replace my trusty 6yr old crt.
Seeing that it runs at a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 - would all the games that I like playing (BF2, Quake 4, NFSMW etc) support this resolution?

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
Not quite sure what you mean there

Often LCD TVs are shipped with cheaper, lower resolution panels. You mentioned that you wanted panels with a lower native resolution - these panels have a lower native resolution

Due to the inherent low resolution and poorer quality of TV signals having a low native resolution on a TV panel can actually be beneficial as it avoids scaling and it avoids focusing on the imperfections in the signal

When you display a standard output from a computer (eg the Windows desktop) the quality displayed is rather poor, hence my comment. I'd therefore say that having a low native resolution when used for windows work is a bad idea. You really want to have a higher native resolution as the pixels are smaller giving a better image

Im not talking about lcd TVs but rather lcd PC monitors.

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
They provide a good point of comparison as you currently cannot get PC monitors which operate at these native resolutions

In any case the size of the pixels will be huge

Thats why I was said they should make them, it may not be your cup of tea but super high res lcd is not mine.

Soldato
I'm arguing that the quality from a PC monitor with this native resolution will be comparable to a TV with this resolution. Even the new HD LCDs with higher resolutions (1366x768) still don't provide a good quality output for a PC signal

Granted, the circuitry isn't geared towards a PC signal and could be improved. The actual quality of the panel still isn't great

Associate
Yeah, me to. The VX2022 looks lovely. Wish they'd hurry up and get it out there...

2045-VX2022.jpg

**drools**

Associate
The specs look pretty tasty as well:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Response Time: 3ms (GTG)
Contrast Ratio: 800:1
Brightness: 300cd/m2

If the estimated £375 price tag is about right i'll be getting one as soon as it's available. Currently using a 17" viewsonic VX715 and even with 16ms response time it's absolutely lovely for games. I'm sure it'd look nicer with the VX2022 sat beside it though...:D :cool:

Associate
If the estimated £375 price tag is about right i'll be getting one as soon as it's available.
I would have thought it would be more, the lesser spec VA2012W is showing up on UK discount sites now for £380 (vs £350 expected).
Also the US Viewsonic site is listing only a VX2025W so maybe they skipped the 2022 in the end or it is Europe only. Does look nice.

Associate
boosfuk said:
I would have thought it would be more, the lesser spec VA2012W is showing up on UK discount sites now for £380 (vs £350 expected).
Also the US Viewsonic site is listing only a VX2025W so maybe they skipped the 2022 in the end or it is Europe only. Does look nice.

hmm...does seem slightly strange. According to the US site the VX2025W is identical to the VX2022 that's meant to be coming out over here, only the US one has a higher response rate of 8ms as opposed to 3ms on the one mooted to be released over here.

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2025wm/

Either way they're both nice panels and should hopefully be good enough quality for gaming. Just need to wait and see on pricing then...

Soldato
Yes indeed I want one too, like yesturday :D

As for the prices, I don't know if the price the OP stated includes these love EU tax they have decided to put on screens now.

So thanks to the idiots over in Brussels ** now probably going to have to pay like £400 for the VX2022W :mad:

Edit: Thats only if u live in Europe by the way hehe

Associate
Does anyone have a link to any of the official ViewSonic websites which list the specs for the VX2022W?

Using google just lists a lot of speculation. Some sites even say that the panel is rated at 8ms, and has a contrast ratio of 300:1...

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom