Will an i5 6500 be able to encode 1080p 60fps?

Associate
I basically have this processor spare and was wondering if its sole responsibility was to encode using x264 on obs would it be powerful enough ?

Everyone immediately says you need an i7 for this blah blah but i have not and cannot find anything on the internet in terms of reviews to truely declare what the minimum processing power needed to achieve this will be.

So just before anyone misreads, this processor will not be gaming it will only be encoding the data. Im half tempted to message some of the top tech channels on youtube because i believe a lot of people would find this information useful.

Soldato
Most pros do use a second PC for encoding .

One mobo/GPU vendor was looking for at bringing their tiny pc office box to streaming . Found i5 wasn't good enough to for what was required ( it was the U Branding of Intel which is 2 cores 4 threads) , ryzen 2600U was the better CPU but still could do it or current 8th gen low power CPU.

So your i5 should be good

Associate
OP
Most pros do use a second PC for encoding .

One mobo/GPU vendor was looking for at bringing their tiny pc office box to streaming . Found i5 wasn't good enough to for what was required ( it was the U Branding of Intel which is 2 cores 4 threads) , ryzen 2600U was the better CPU but still could do it or current 8th gen low power CPU.

So your i5 should be good

Interesting, I have that and a Atx board spare but if i did a build i would want it to be as small as possible. All it needs inside is Mobo, Ram, cpu and an Elgato i believe. No gpu needed correct?

Back
Top Bottom