Will Apple ever offer bulk service subscriber options?

Soldato
As title, they currently offer music, news, tv, iCloud etc Separately, however do you think they’ll ever offer bundles for cheaper?

Currently I pay £8 a month for 2tb iCloud and am enjoying a free trial of Apple news as there’s loads of good magazines on there, but £10 a month is meh, I’d also like music but can’t justify it, amazon prime will do for now.

If they offered iCloud 2tb, news, music, arcade at say £24-£26.99 a month I’d be well interested And would think it’s reasonable value, perhaps all services inc tv at 35 absolute max cost I think they would get a lot of interest.

Soldato
OP
It would suit me, especially if there's an option to build your own bundle. I have the 2Tb data plan, Apple Music (family) and iTunes Match.

Why would you need match AND music? if you have access to all of music anyway on music? Yeah I want a build your own, 2tb iCloud, music, news+ would be great.

Commissario
I subscribed to Match before Music was in existence and it was a great way to keep a backup of my music and have it shared between devices. All the CDs I ripped into my library got uploaded and then are available to every device on the network.

Match is for music you own, Music is for music you don't own. That's my logic.

Associate

Exactly that... I've just thrown my own ripped library at Match again (all legally obtained, there are boxes and boxes of CDs I won't let Mrs w bin).

Would love some kind of bundle pick along the lines of yours @Feek as having given herself the iPad Air, shared apps/music now a thing again.

I'll say this though, and it's off-topic a little, Match hasn't massively improved on how well it's matched some of my own media! Pretty poor compared to GPM/YTM cloud library equivalent. Need a do-over and a tagging cleanup again maybe.

Soldato
I subscribed to Match before Music was in existence and it was a great way to keep a backup of my music and have it shared between devices. All the CDs I ripped into my library got uploaded and then are available to every device on the network.

I thought music included match automatically so as long as you remained a music subscriber you could continue to match your own music and sync/download to all your other devices (DRM free)?

Commissario
iTunes Match uploads your existing music and makes it available for download on all devices, no DRM.
Apple Music allows you to stream anything in their library on any device but if you download it, it's saved with DRM.

If you have Music but not Match, anything you download and store locally will have DRM.

Soldato
iTunes Match uploads your existing music and makes it available for download on all devices, no DRM.
Apple Music allows you to stream anything in their library on any device but if you download it, it's saved with DRM.

If you have Music but not Match, anything you download and store locally will have DRM.

Yes that was my understanding too, apart from I assumed the stuff you already owned would be DRM free regardless of whether you used match or music.

Soldato
EE have launched a full works plan:
https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/iphone-full-works-plan

"Our Full Works plan for iPhone is bursting with the best of Apple and EE. Enjoy Apple Music, Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade for 24 months with truly unlimited data. Plus upgrade whenever you want. All on the UK’s no.1 network for 5G and 4G."

Alternatively the cheapest way to subscribe is to use my Curve card to buy itunes gift cards from Boots. The Curve card gives me 3% cashback, the credit card gives me a further 0.5% and I also get a further £5 cashback from airtime rewards. I also do the same thing with google play vouchers.

Soldato
Commissario
I currently pay for 2Tb iCloud and Apple Music Family which is £21.98/month.

It's a shame they haven't made a mix and match option where you can pick what you want.

Back
Top Bottom