Will i see better performance?

Associate
I'm thinking of buying Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2 Pro CAS2 (MY-081-CS), my current RAM is Crucial 1GB x2 512MB PC3200 3-3-3-8, i'm wondering will i see an increase in performance if i buy the Corsair or should i save a little for the Corsair XL which is the same but tighter timings at 200MHz.. I'm not looking to overclock as i prefer stability over performance -_-
Cheers

Associate
That ram won't particularly offer any extra stability though it's a good brand known for being reliable (as opposed to crucial at the moment). But even if you went with the XL ram you won't notice that great an improvement. You are better off going up to 2 gigs as your next upgrade rather than just getting a better 1 gig set.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, i've been wondering about this because someone told me my RAM would be a bottleneck for the system, i use it for gaming mainly but i only play Enemy territory and a few others like CS source, Flightsim2004 every now and then all of which rarely get remotely close to using 1GB. Could anyone recommend anymore RAM in the £100-£150 pricerange that might offer at least a considerable improvement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom