Will OC sell new systems with 3080 on the 17th?

Associate
Im in the market for a brand new machine now and have waited months for the 3080 to release

However all the info im seeing is only on gpu's sold separately and that they will sell out instantly
Has anyone heard if OC or any custom pc builders will be selling whole new machines with a 3080 on the 17th too?
Just curious as I'm seeing no info on systems anywhere and really want to get an order in before they dissapear quickly

Thanks

Soldato
Im in the market for a brand new machine now and have waited months for the 3080 to release

However all the info im seeing is only on gpu's sold separately and that they will sell out instantly
Has anyone heard if OC or any custom pc builders will be selling whole new machines with a 3080 on the 17th too?
Just curious as I'm seeing no info on systems anywhere and really want to get an order in before they dissapear quickly

Thanks

normally they have set amount for Builds. Though if demand is super high and prices can be increased, my shift stock from build only to sell the item to generate the most cash .

Soldato
Have you ever swapped out memory or upgraded your GPU?

If so, have you thought about self building? It would save you a minimum of ~£150 in build costs alone and you get the choice of 'any' component/brand you want - rather than limited to one retailers stock/price. OcUK hold a huge amount of stock - but you would have access to even greater choice if you build yourself. Plus, you will have gained hands on experience on how your computer is setup and works, so upgrades and possible future fault diagnostics wont seem so daunting. (*There are advantages to buying core components from one store - OcUK for example would take back MB, CPU and memory if they suspected one of them was faulty and troubleshooting wasn't definitive.)

This saving could bump you to a 3080 - plus you could pre-order the card rather than hoping it appears in a pre-built machine.

Associate
OP
Have you ever swapped out memory or upgraded your GPU?

If so, have you thought about self building? It would save you a minimum of ~£150 in build costs alone and you get the choice of 'any' component/brand you want - rather than limited to one retailers stock/price. OcUK hold a huge amount of stock - but you would have access to even greater choice if you build yourself. Plus, you will have gained hands on experience on how your computer is setup and works, so upgrades and possible future fault diagnostics wont seem so daunting. (*There are advantages to buying core components from one store - OcUK for example would take back MB, CPU and memory if they suspected one of them was faulty and troubleshooting wasn't definitive.)

This saving could bump you to a 3080 - plus you could pre-order the card rather than hoping it appears in a pre-built machine.

I thought about it, however i plan to get the whole thing on finance and like the possibility of having warranty if anything goes wrong. Also never built before so worried something might go wrong

Soldato
I thought about it, however i plan to get the whole thing on finance and like the possibility of having warranty if anything goes wrong. Also never built before so worried something might go wrong
With your budget - all your components would come with a long warranty. e.g. PSU - 10 years, GPU - possibly 4 years, MB -3 years, memory - lifetime etc...

The financing is obviously a sticking point - @orbitalwalsh may know if OcUK offer finance on bulk part buying alone?

It's worth considering - and the New to PC Forum's members could guide you through the build process - even troubleshooting. We've done it hundreds of times before. Plus, there are a glut of instructional YouTube videos which practically have a video for every conceivable build.

You obviously have to do what fits your budget and feel comfortable with - but something to consider - especially if you're wanting a 30XX card sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom