Will These Components Work Together?

Associate
Im fairly confident, and will be building this myself, however i just wanted to clarify that these will work together :)

** Do Not link to competitors **

thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Do not link to competitors which is why your links are messed up and starred out.

Yes it will all work but you are not maximising the potential of the 7700k. The ram is too slow and you need 3000mhz+ to get the best out of a 7700k but you will need a Z series board to run at that speed. There is a significant performance gain (up to 20%) depending on the game between 2400mhz and 3000mhz. The motherboard that you have selected will not be able to overclock the 7700k. To overclock you will need a Z170 or Z270 motherboard plus it will allow you to use faster memory. A Z270 board would be preferable as it will support the Kabylake 7700k out of the box. A Z170 board will probably need a bios flash which will require a skylake cpu or a Asus board with usb flashback.

If you want a 16Gb kit then buy a 2x 8Gb kit not a 4x 4Gb kit that will fill all your memory slots in one go.

You really should be getting a SSD for that build. There is little point of building a high end build and then strangling it with a mechanical HDD. A SSD will speed up boot times and loading times and will make the whole system feel more "snappier". I wouldn't even consider building a pc without a SSD these days and in fact I have gone a step further and don't use a mechanical HDD at all now and have a 960Gb and 240Gb SSD's instead.

Back
Top Bottom