• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you pre-order or buy a Rocket Lake CPU?

Soldato
Strange, is the die yield so poor that intel have no actual stock of their furnace 11900k?
It doesn't seem to exist anywhere after the initial shipping run, and now prices have spiralled upwards.

Soldato
Strange, is the die yield so poor that intel have no actual stock of their furnace 11900k?
It doesn't seem to exist anywhere after the initial shipping run, and now prices have spiralled upwards.
Most products have sketchy stock around launch its when they are still out of stock 5 months later that it's a concern. Either way the 11900K isn't worth buying so it's no great loss to anyone.

Soldato
They really could have made more of this launch, but bumping the numbers on everything, simply not having an i9 part or having it as a refresh of the 10 series.

I read their recent GPU has been spotted in the while and benched to compete with an 80 dollar gpu from 2017.
I am really hoping that turns out to be utter twaddle, as we need much more competition ( and supply) in the GPU market.

Caporegime

Surely can't be true after Dave2150 promising vast amounts of stock flowing like a bountiful river from Intel's fabs?

One might think this was a bit of a paper launch?

:eek:

Soldato
More oc gaming comparisons: A well oc’d 9900k will beat or match an oc’d 11900k in gaming. A 10900k will pull away even more so with games that core scale. A few niche cases like Minecraft the 11900k does really well in. Overall, if you overclock for gaming purposes primarily, get a 10900k with DR bdie and avoid rkl.

Just to clarify, Robert seems to be taking this from the Overclock.net thread out of context. The 9900k in question was running at 5.4Ghz all core. Silicon lottery shows top 5% bin of 9900k does 5.1Ghz, so 5.4 is likely phase change/LN2 territory.

I'm having fun playing and overclocking with my CPU. Got my memory kit up to 4000Mhz c16 @ 1.35v, will push more tonight. Very interested in the new 5000Mhz kits coming out soon, be interesting to see how that competes with lower latency of traditional gear1 type clocking.

Soldato
Surely can't be true after Dave2150 promising vast amounts of stock flowing like a bountiful river from Intel's fabs?

One might think this was a bit of a paper launch?

:eek:

Well there should be at least one more in stock next week, as a silly person I know bought one against my advice of getting a 10850k for £200 less, then read the reviews after it had already shipped. Needless to say he was most displeased that the majority of his games would run slower or the same, and he'd lose out even more in the future.

I find it quite funny when you get people going against someone with decades of experience in computer hardware, vs the latest marketing and the marketing wins, it says a great deal about the ability for people to think for themselves, or listen to reason.

Associate
Just to clarify, Robert seems to be taking this from the Overclock.net thread out of context. The 9900k in question was running at 5.4Ghz all core. Silicon lottery shows top 5% bin of 9900k does 5.1Ghz, so 5.4 is likely phase change/LN2 territory.

I'm having fun playing and overclocking with my CPU. Got my memory kit up to 4000Mhz c16 @ 1.35v, will push more tonight. Very interested in the new 5000Mhz kits coming out soon, be interesting to see how that competes with lower latency of traditional gear1 type clocking.

It’s our own testing from our oc discord server. Not referring to oc.net thread. We have known this since the ES samples our guys had but wanted to see if retail and release firmware is any better. More or less the same.

More power to you if you’re going to pay the premium for the upcoming 5866 djr SR bin. Hope you bought a couple of chips to do imc binning before paying that premium.

Soldato

Plenty in stock down under, plenty stock of every single 11th gen model, no one is buying them - seems the UK is the only place people buy Intel

Caporegime
The negativity around teh 5800X pricing does make me smile when you now consider the price of the 11900K. Thing is the people critising the price of the 5800x are now the ones buying 11900K
Nah, bought a 5600x for £225 instead :p

The 5800X is pretty badly priced at £400+. Still went AMD, just not that chip. And for me it wasn't just the price, the temp at full load of the 5800X is off the charts, between 80 and 90 degrees. No thanks! It might be "in spec" but I prefer something cooler (and quieter).

Associate

The 5800X is pretty badly priced at £400+. Still went AMD, just not that chip. And for me it wasn't just the price, the temp at full load of the 5800X is off the charts, between 80 and 90 degrees. No thanks! It might be "in spec" but I prefer something cooler (and quieter).
Has the 5600x you ordered arrived yet?

Associate

Helps if you put a cooler on the chip ;) Highest mines every hit on stress test is around 70c and gaming only sees it at 40-50.

Caporegime
Has the 5600x you ordered arrived yet?
Expecting it to arrive soon! My case hasn't arrived yet in any case (because I only just settled on a Pure Base 500 case yesterday :p)
Helps if you put a cooler on the chip ;) Highest mines every hit on stress test is around 70c and gaming only sees it at 40-50.
There's plenty of 5800X chips hitting 85-90C tho. @humbug has one. Not sure if it's batch variance or whatever. But you can also watch any number of YouTube (etc) pieces where people are seeing those temps, even with water cooling. Scary!

Associate

Temps you have seen are strange. My 5950X only tends to hit 70-75. I was comparing to 11900x though with regards price

Associate
There's plenty of 5800X chips hitting 90C tho. @humbug has one. Not sure if it's batch variance or whatever. But you can also watch any number of YouTube (etc) pieces where people are seeing those temps, even with water cooling. Scary!

Seemed to be an issue with excess power delivery on the initial bios version but could also be problematic chips - haven’t seen any recent reports.

I got mine at launch and haven’t had an issue but could be luck of the draw; definitely wouldn’t trade it for these fire starters.

Back
Top Bottom