• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you pre-order or buy a Rocket Lake CPU?

Associate
Lets just both agree, a 11900k is much faster than our crappy old 6700K's. What are you upgrading to? Whatever you pick, I wish you the best with it. I'm not one of those people who feel the need to critique other people's purchasing decisions.

Pick what you want to buy, buy it, and enjoy :)

The only reason you are getting heat Dave is because you started countless threads over the last few months about how great the 11900k would be compared to AMD and had the old blinkers on to every piece of info sent your way. Now when the 11900k is released it is pants. Most, myself included do not care what others buy but because of all this its kind of made it all a bit of a joke

Associate
I think the lesson learnt with this release is Do not run your mouth of about how great a future release will be without seeing ti first hand and also do not buy until reviews are out

Associate
I think the lesson learnt with this release is Do not run your mouth of about how great a future release will be without seeing ti first hand and also do not buy until reviews are out

Always wait for reviews is a rule to live by for sure.

Soldato
The 11900K is a joke, should have been released in 2 days, preferably before 12:00pm, heck even the 11700K isn't much better.

They (Intel) failed to implement PCI-E 4.0 on the 10th gen parts, which had they accomplished that would have made this launch even more pointless, and maybe it wouldn't have happened at all.

Intel is the new bargain basement king, you want performance get AMD, you want a cheap build get low end 11th Gen or any 10th Gen up to the 10850k.

Associate
Always wait for reviews is a rule to live by for sure.

So true. If we were kids, it would be fine expected to run our mouths. If we're adults, not so much :D, it's embarrassing!

Soldato
9900k still a great setup. If I had that I'd likely keep for a few more years.

My 6700k however is on it's last legs, so 11900k time tomorrow :)
I doubt you will notice much difference gaming at 4K, you should have probably waited 6 months or so for alderlake as at least it should be a bit more of an upgrade over the LGA 1200 stuff and having DDR5 + new socket will would give you future upgrade options.

Associate
I doubt you will notice much difference gaming at 4K, you should have probably waited 6 months or so for alderlake as at least it should be a bit more of an upgrade over the LGA 1200 stuff and having DDR5 + new socket will would give you future upgrade options.

Alder Lake is an even bigger unknown then Rocket Lake was imo. First gen big little CPU + first gen DDR5 platform means there's a lot of potential teething issues that could crop up. I definitely wouldn't want to be an early adopter

Associate

Run your mouth? Lol, clearly I've stumbled into the middle of the equiavalent of a ghetto turf war here. Just let it go mate, can't believe you're chasing him around expecting a reply.

Soldato
Alder Lake is an even bigger unknown then Rocket Lake was imo. First gen big little CPU + first gen DDR5 platform means there's a lot of potential teething issues that could crop up. I definitely wouldn't want to be an early adopter
I'd rather take the punt though than buy an 11900k with no upgrade path and rather mediocre performance for such an expensive part.

Associate
Pathological hatred of AMD? Obsessed with having the latest? One of the few people who actually benefit from AVX?

Everyone's free to spend their money as they please, at the end of the day if efficiency isn't a factor at all most people won't notice the difference between the top end CPUs and the prices are pretty close too.

I've only skimmed through a couple of reviews so don't know all the details, but it seems that there is literally no reason to choose the 11900k over anything..
Like I said, got to look into this more, but it looks like you either get a 10700k (or KF) or maybe the 11600k.
The 5600x looks equivalent or maybe slightly better than both, but if you were building a new system for gaming I think the 3 I mentioned could all be in the mix. Also I'm looking forward to reading comparisons at different DDR4 speeds and latencies.
The huge caveat of course, is that it all depends on cost, availability and your current system.

Associate
Run your mouth? Lol, clearly I've stumbled into the middle of the equiavalent of a ghetto turf war here. Just let it go mate, can't believe you're chasing him around expecting a reply.
Sorry who are you? Chasing him around cause i replied to 2 of his posts in 2 threads? Maybe you missed the last few months

I haz 4090!
Don
Yes I think everyone, Dave2150 included, can admit that he has maybe gone a little bit overboard with the Intel shilling over the last few weeks. Enough singling him out now though please, let's all move on.

Soldato
Yes I think everyone, Dave2150 included, can admit that he has maybe gone a little bit overboard with the Intel shilling over the last few weeks. Enough singling him out now though please, let's all move on.

Awee.. I though you might have at least changed his username for a week to R. Shrout or something. :D

In all seriousness though we indeed all should move on, people make mistakes and get carried away. Lets see what Alderlake brings. :)

Man of Honour
Not looking to buy at the moment but 11600F/10700F would tempt me perhaps if I was, given intel chipsets don't appear to be much more expensive than AMD any more. First time since Ryzen launch that I would consider getting Intel.

Soldato
it looks like the i5-11400 could be the go to budget gaming chip for a while unless AMD slots in a sub £200 chip

Literally what has been said by myself and a few others for a good while, but in this review they don't show you the CPU allowing to stretch its legs using the extra sustained power draw which makes it even more interesting. The 10400f at ~£120 is currently value king, when put on a B560/H570 board however.

Back
Top Bottom