Williams V Skelton Boxing **Spoilers**

Associate
hamed was and is a lot of hype and hot air, the first time he stepped up to the plate and fought some one who could fight aswell as box he got schooled. Hamed is just a waste of Talent... famous for fighting washed up ex champions well past there sell by date and ove hyped by 'the sun' and for having no respect for other boxers.

Soldato
Haven't been online much this weekend so this is a little late but my opinions on last night (along with the American fights).

Khan didn't look too great IMO, Jackson came and didn't offer much... A few good body punches from Khan but not much else to say about the fight.

I had Skelton winning by 1 round but it was very close. I thought the commentators made FAR too much over Skeltons 'moves'. It was as though they'd never seen him before. Also when Williams threw a low blow and Skelton then did it in return moments later started going mad about Skeltons low blow and didn't even mention one single thing about Williams doing it first.
Valuev would beat Williams fairly comfortably IMO, Valuev is far from skilled but he has too much for Williams.

Kevin Mitchell looked quite poor again IMO, I really don't see what quite a few people see in him and see him as a huge prospect. He gets hit far far too often and if any of his recent opponents had decent power then he'd be gone. He is far too reliant on power even though he doesn't have that great power. I really see him losing quite soon.

***** American Spoilers ******

Glen Johnson - I thought he looked quite good although his opponent wasn't that great to be honest. Sets up a 3rd fight with Woods, I think Woods has improved but the same can be said about Johnson so I'd pick Johnson to win again.

Mosley v Vargas - Quite a good fight IMO, Mosley started off fast and won the first few rounds before Vargas started to come back, however Mosley kept landing right hands and Vargas started to swell quite badly on his left eye and so it was eventually stopped. Interesting that Mosley wants to fight Mayweather, I'm pretty sure that Mayweather would take the fight since it should be decent money although Mayweather has too much for Mosley now.

Overall a decent weekend of boxing :D

Should be a good weekend next week too

Associate
Malarkee said:
hamed was and is a lot of hype and hot air, the first time he stepped up to the plate and fought some one who could fight aswell as box he got schooled. Hamed is just a waste of Talent... famous for fighting washed up ex champions well past there sell by date and ove hyped by 'the sun' and for having no respect for other boxers.

HYPE? Hot air? and the person he lost to was none other than MAB. Not ** average boxer. You might not like him but he was one of the best p4p boxers out of britain in a long time.

Soldato
Makaveli said:
HYPE? Hot air? and the person he lost to was none other than MAB. Not ** average boxer. You might not like him but he was one of the best p4p boxers out of britain in a long time.

Agreed, a 37-1 record with 31 KO's cannot be called a load of hype and hot air. He still lasted 12 rounds with MAB. Like Tyson, he was in his prime at his youth. So what if hes arrogant.....adds to his persona.

Back
Top Bottom