Wimbledon 2021

Soldato
He's started opening up and playing through the ball. There's no way he'll beat Novak playing safe tennis. If he hits his groundshots and has a purple patch where everything comes off he has a chance

Soldato
I know it's ridiculous given that he's barely dropped a set, but I don't think Novak has been at his best this tournament. Players have been making mistakes against him, and he's not yet had to dig deep and really go out to win a match.

Soldato
He's started opening up and playing through the ball. There's no way he'll beat Novak playing safe tennis. If he hits his groundshots and has a purple patch where everything comes off he has a chance

Yeah, it's all about placement of the ball and taking risks to put the ball at the far reaches of the grass. So far, his placement has been excellent.

Soldato
Yeah, it's all about placement of the ball and taking risks to put the ball at the far reaches of the grass. So far, his placement has been excellent.
He's hitting with so much more depth than he was early in the match. That's what really impressed me in the semi, everything was within a couple of feet of the baseline

Edit: although he's missed two huge chances this tiebreak - the dump into the net at 3-2, and that forehand he's hit long

Soldato
He's hitting with so much more depth than he was early in the match. That's what really impressed me in the semi, everything was within a couple of feet of the baseline

Edit: although he's missed two huge chances this tiebreak - the dump into the net at 3-2, and that forehand he's hit long

Yep. The problem now is that Djok has often been first set down to an underdog but then he's warmed up and starts to take over. Hopefully Berrettini can keep his momentum.

Soldato
This berrettini looks strong, question will be he can sustain over course of match.
Yep. The problem now is that Djok has often been first set down to an underdog but then he's warmed up and starts to take over. Hopefully Berrettini can keep his momentum.

I'd still expect Novak to win (and to tell the truth I'd like to see him hit 20 slams), but it's going to be very close

Soldato
Needs to break to stay in the set, gives up a couple of points missing bread and butter ground strokes.

At least it wasn’t a straight sets victory.

Hopefully at least make this set interesting.

Back
Top Bottom