Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
I think i'll spend this evening organising a few files and running a backup, then I should be ready to install when mine arrives. I am currently using the Release Candidate but can't wait to change to RTM!

Soldato
@mrk, I know who you ordered from!! :p

I ordered mine from a high street retailer in July who assured me they'd ring once the stock was coming in and confirm my card details. Not heard anything so I rang them yesterday and this morning and got told "someone will call you back in a minute" - same answer I got when I checked everything was OK after Windows 7 E got dropped. Just spotted a pre-authorisation on my card and I've not got anything outstanding so maybe I'll get a call in the morning saying to come collect it?

Associate
I ordered a couple for 44 quid odd each as soon as the pre-order started. Chose free, when we can be arsed delivery. Seems they'll be here tomorrow by courier. Royal Mail should go on strike permanently.

Associate
mine did not come but I spoke to the postie who said we are getting post tomorrow? i dont belive him but fingers crossed it'll be here tomorrow.

Soldato
mine did not come but I spoke to the postie who said we are getting post tomorrow? i dont belive him but fingers crossed it'll be here tomorrow.

Almost all mail deliveries will take place as usual on Thursday 22nd October. However, in a small number of areas where a delivery office is located on the same site as a mail centre, staff at those delivery offices are likely to take action which will affect mail deliveries on Thursday 22nd October. In these areas, deliveries will resume on Friday 23rd October.

Soldato
Just installed 7 Pro (From MSDNAA) after finally buying some blank DVDs.
I've put it on my second PC as I can't be bothered to format my main computer during term time (Uni)
Having not used Vista it's a nice change from XP and I'm looking forward to installing the 64bit version on my main computer and getting 4gb RAM to go with it in the near future.

Associate
Well I've had my Windows 7 Home Premium and a Samsung F1 1Tb hard drive on order from OcUK since 11/09/09.

I've just got a confirmation email that it has shipped (and I think because the F1's aren't in stock) the emails says I'm getting a F3, plus my card has been credited with the difference by the looks - good old OcUK service as always :)

Last edited:
Associate
Errr...

My copies of Windows 7 Pro have been dispatched today but I'll still be in no rush to install them when they arrive tomorrow or Friday.

I don't see the need when the Ultimate RC version which I, and I'm sure most of you too, are still running quite happily?

Windows 7 is wonderful yes, but I don't see the need or understand the urgent frenzy to over-write your installation in a big hurry.

Chill ;)

Back
Top Bottom