Win 7 Arrives 21st

Soldato
I got an email from the place I ordered it from saying they had tried to take payment for it and it failed(coz I don't have enough money in my bank til tomorrow) so i'm assuming they have it already,and will be posting once they get payment.

Soldato
managed to find an MSDN home premium iso that checks out on the SHA1 file hash etc so will just bang that on and use the key as and when it arrives. Seek and ye shall find.

Just grabbed myself a download where the SHA1 and MD5 match, will I just be able to put in my key when I get the copy and it will activate fine?

Soldato
yes provided its the same version as the one you've orded

Aye x64 HP, I got the SHA1 amd MD5 check from a site that isn't Microsoft, any risks with this? Have MS published the SHA1 hash anywhere? I shall have a look now though.

Just found what I believe is a more reliable source than the original I used so looks like it's good. Getting my new mobo this week and hopefully I'll be good to go. Installing Win 7 from a USB stick is heaven as well :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi

guess what people mine arrived by Royal Mail today !!

Picture below. apologies for blurred picture my hand was shaking due to the excitement of it all !

windows7.jpg

:D

Associate
mine arrived today (to my suprise -seeing that's it's not actually out yet) probably to beat the upcoming strike?. 32 bit/64 bit is a nice added bonus for some of my old proggy's that don't "do" 64 bit...

So then, A la Vista - i won't be back! (it had it's moments though.......)

Last edited:
Associate
Which delivery option do you use to get it on the 22nd?

I went for Royal Mail Special Delivery, I think that's the best bet for getting it as soon as possible. Special Delivery is guaranteed next day delivery and you can just bet there will be at least three threads open on the 22nd ranting that Citylink/Parcelforce/DPD hasn't turned up or has left a card when they were in. :p

Hi

guess what people mine arrived by Royal Mail today !!

<Snip>

:D

Is there 2 discs in that box or are 32bit and 64bit on the same disc?

Associate
Place I ordered from are telling me via the order details on their web site that my order (3 copies to do all our home PCs) is scheduled for delivery by DHL on the 22nd ... so looks like I'll be taking a detour on the way to work to the DHL depot on the 23rd!

Anyway, possibly no rush as the new 500GB HDD I've just ordered from OC to put the first copy on is on its way to me via Royal Mail!

Associate
just bet there will be at least three threads open on the 22nd ranting that Citylink/Parcelforce/DPD hasn't turned up or has left a card when they were in. :p

Well, maybe the doorman knocked (or not) but mine was dropped through the letterbox like a letter,, no signing required. Just opened it, and there are TWO discs inside, 32/64. and one product key, am assumin you CAN have both 32 and 64 bit on at the same time, yes?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, maybe the doorman knocked (or not) but mine was dropped through the letterbox like a letter,, no signing required. Just opened it, and there are TWO discs inside, 32/64. and one product key, am assumin you CAN have both 32 and 64 bit on at the same time, yes?

Thanks for confirming about the 2 discs.

Not sure if you can have them both activated at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom