Win 7 Arrives 21st

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15127608 said:
I'm not sure why everyone is so excited about launch. Obviously I've ordered a copy but I'm running the RC at the moment and I doubt I'm even going to notice the difference when I get around to renistalling?
I'll probably sit on my install of that 90 day Enterprise final trial for a while.

I've also still got my copy of OS X Snow Leopard sitting around as I CBA blasting my laptop for a clean install D:

(Yes, it must be a clean install. They're good for the geek soul)

Associate
Got my copy but not too sure what to do. Clean my XP/Vista 32 and install it on that (x64) or put it on my HTPC machine which has the RC version of W7x64. Probably put it on my Vista machine.

Soldato
I have a question. When doing an upgrade, will my previously installed programs still work? ill be putting 7 retail on my laptop when it arrives, but There's a few programs that come with the laptop that i want to keep if possible, adobe 8 standard, windvd BD...things like that. The problem is, the only way to instlal them is to o a full restore from the restore partition - the software isnt available to download from sony.

Anybody know if a restore then upgrade will work?

Soldato
My copy was waiting for me when I got in. I feel a bit sorry for those who actually want it because mine is going to sit on the shelf unopened until the RC expires or I get a solid state drive - whichever comes first. :p

You're honestly going to feel safe using an insecure OS online? Since RTM has already had security updates and there will be more over the next few months you can bet. I see no reason to hold off installing the RTM build if you've got it.

Soldato
Back from my Hols!!!

Got an email saying that 3 of my 6 copies have been posted. Unfortunately no one will be in to sign for them this week. Will the postal strike effect collecting parcels from the sorting office?

I got mine completely free from MS. I just have to "throw a party". I have had it installed on my new mobo for the last week. I have been running it most of this year on one form or another. I have to say I do like it but mainly for the nice wallpaper fade! I have about 500 1920*1200 backgrounds in a folder.

Back
Top Bottom