** WIN AN RTX 2080 Ti by playing Quake II **

Associate
Haha love it. It's quite hilarious them (Nvidia) using a 22 year old game to show case it badly. Good luck to anyone that has invested big money into these cards for this feature so early :D

Yep, hilarious stuff. Spend over £1,000 (pretty much minimum) to £1900 to play a slightly prettier 20 year old game.

Shooting themselves in the foot here. Not saying technically what they did wasent impressive (I really don't know) but demoing it on such an old game? With such low frames? It just looks bad in my opinion.

rtx%20cards%20meme.jpg
rtx%20cards%20meme.jpg

#RTXON

Soldato
Ok no idea why this thread is attracting newbies to sign up and post the worst meme's going, but whatever.

More on topic, this seems the most ridiculous competition going. Well done Nvidia!

Soldato
I've never heard of a competition where you have to own the prize before you can enter. Well I suppose you could enter the competition with a 2070 but that's already an amazing GPU so whats the point. It's like having a new rule where you can only enter the olympics if you already own an olympic gold medal.

Associate
So here I am, utilising the RTX 2070 Gaming System that I bought from Overclockers :) And then I here they're giving away an RTX. I love giving reviews and hopefully my share can give you an insight on the new RTX Quake II.

So far, as I already own the full game I have experience nothing but pleasure, playing Quake in all it's series. But... I have never had an experience like this one.

The graphics for a game like Quake has never mattered to me as the game play makes up for it but again, I am speechless on what Ray-tracing has done to change this oldschool classic.
My FPS has always been above 60, movement smooth as ever and the experience in general has been overwhelmingly good!

As far as I was concerned, I thought RTX would only be viable on newer games which utilise ray tracing but I've literally never thought it would change Quake II as much as it has.
It's brought back some memories from being a 6 year old playing quake II for the first time.
I think this picture will explain very clearly how I feel right now!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom