Window Smashed

Associate
Hey,

Came home from the pub to find my window smashed. on the front drivers side window smashed :s Now where would I need to take it on Monday? Would Peugeot be able to install a new window?
And how much would I be expecte dto pay?

Soldato
If you are fully comp with your insurance.. or third party too im not sure.. get in contact with your insurance, you pay a windscreen excess and they will send someone out to do it..

Wont effect your NCB either..

Soldato
Forbidden said:
Ok, will have to phone them tomorrow.

Im thrid party, It wasnt the windscreen it was the drivers front window

Not 100% I would assume all your glass work is covered... but wait for replies here, I imagine they will just tell you what I did and to phone your insurance company..

Soldato
Forbidden said:
Ok, will have to phone them tomorrow.

Im thrid party, It wasnt the windscreen it was the drivers front window

Not too sure about door windows on car insurance policies.

Its a 106GTi isn't it? are you a member of any forums with a for sale section? There might be someone on there who's breaking a car for spares, see if they've got one?

Soldato
Years ago when I had my window done on my Micra, I went to scrappy bought a window for £5.00 and spent 30mins replacing it, the hardest part was getting all the old smashed glass up.

Soldato
If you have "windscreen" cover on your insurance then all glass should be covered, however not all TP policies cover glass so you would have to check your documents.

All the big players (Autoglass, RAC Windscreens etc) offer 24hr service these days, so no need to wait until tomorrow. If you do have to pay yourself negotiate on the price - they should be able to do a side window on something common for about £50.

Back
Top Bottom