[Windows 10] After hotswapping a drive, I have too many svchost processes!

Associate
I plugged in a Sata2 drive when pc was on (intentionally), pc did not respond for a few seconds ( i can still right click, but no program opened and left click menus did not appear), then I could use my pc and use the connected hdd, then I notice I have over 70 svchost processes.

No svchost process use much resource, no ~100% cpu time or memory hog.

I made two screenshots about the svchost's command lines :

hWmY3uZ.png 28fseQV.png

According to Malwarebytes and Eset, I don't have any virus/malware. But this is strange for me.
Drivers are up to date.
Should I do something?

PC Specs:
MSI Z170 Krait 3X
Intel i5-6600K (no oc)
2x8GB HyperX Predator 3000Mhz
Gigabyte 280 3GB
FSP Raider 550W
Samsung 250GB SSD (850 EVO), Toshiba 2GB Sata3 HDD
Windows is genuine, installed from Windows downloader tool, it's Creators Update and activated with MSDNAA key (from OnTheHub).

Associate
This is normal after installing the creators update.

http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-creators-update-svchost-exe/

Starting with build 14942, all Windows 10 Creators Update builds will feature a dedicated svchost.exe process for every Windows service. As a result, the number of svchost.exe processes has significantly increased.

At first, many Windows 10 users may find this change confusing. However, Microsoft explains that there’s no need to worry as this change won’t have a negative impact on system resources. The recommended RAM for PCs has dramatically increased over the years, which means that memory capacity is no longer an issue for users.

It is worth mentioning that Microsoft decided to use svchost.exe files to group processes in order to reduce pressure on computer memory. Since memory is no longer a problem, the company can now ungroup services. Windows 10 will ungroup services only on PCs with 3.5 GB+ of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom