Windows 10 - Clean install using embedded Windows 8 key?

Soldato
Hi all,

Hopefully I haven't picked up the wrong end of the stick, but as of the 1115 build (think that's right), I believe you could now do a clean install and use a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key to activate.

I have a Sony Vaio that I need to rebuild but it doesn't have a serial anywhere on it, and I believe it is embedded. Has anyone done a straight Windows 10 install and been able to activate?

Cheers!

Soldato
try and use some software to retrieve your key from the registry or bios before hand and make a note of it in case its required.

Soldato
Hi all,

Hopefully I haven't picked up the wrong end of the stick, but as of the 1115 build (think that's right), I believe you could now do a clean install and use a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key to activate.

I have a Sony Vaio that I need to rebuild but it doesn't have a serial anywhere on it, and I believe it is embedded. Has anyone done a straight Windows 10 install and been able to activate?

Cheers!

Yes, I have tried it on a few computers already. You don't need to use 3rd party software to retrieve keys anymore from the BIOS if its embedded.

Back
Top Bottom