Windows 10 Crashing Issue (AMD System)

I just built a new system today, the components are as listed:
Ryzen 5 3600
Strix 470x-f Motherboard
16gb Corsair Dominator Ram
Strix 5700XT
750w PSU

The first time I installed and booted into windows there was no issue, I updated windows, and installed the driver and software for the CPU and GPU (From the AMD website), then restarted. I was able to sign in normally but after a few seconds the system freezes and blackscreens, followed by a grey noise screen. The PC then restarts itself and continues to do this. I got to the windows recovery page once and tried to diagnose it but it would comeback with an error. I reinstalled windows once and tried again with no change. I think the PC is able to run normally without the updates and I don't really know which update causes the error since I stupidly installed them all at once. One thing to mention: I thought the graphics card was the issue since the VGA light on the motherboard is on, however, the lights disappear once I switch to a HDMI cable so I'm not quite sure. The graphics card is B-grade though.

Associate
The 5700 and recent 2020 drivers are notorious for issues, just see the 5700 thread here, youtube, reddit, etc. So only posting cause i know that. I believe many users are still on 19.x.x GPU drivers, me included, but i'm not on 5700.

Back
Top Bottom